Well we survived another birthday in the crazy month of june! I ask
ed Joe over and over again what he wanted for his birthday, and all he said was that he wanted to have a special day with us. While he was at work, I drug the kids all over town to buy him gifts, stuff for a big "happy birthday" sign, a red velvet, chocolate, chocolate chip birthday cake (YUM!), and new toothbrushes for everyone (Ben threw all of ours, along with 8 pacifiers in the toilet).
ed Joe over and over again what he wanted for his birthday, and all he said was that he wanted to have a special day with us. While he was at work, I drug the kids all over town to buy him gifts, stuff for a big "happy birthday" sign, a red velvet, chocolate, chocolate chip birthday cake (YUM!), and new toothbrushes for everyone (Ben threw all of ours, along with 8 pacifiers in the toilet). They were all super excited about the big day and were great sports everywhere we went. The kids really wanted to get balloons too, but seeing the huge line and the vague look on the employees face disuaded me from that venture. The kids were a little disappointed, but I was able to divert the attention to the huge orange sign we made to hang on the door. We finished that, wrapped the presents and I sent the girls outside to wait for Joe to get home. I gave them a huge cup of ice water and said, "Okay when dad gets home, give him a big hug and say "Happy Birthday Daddy! Here's a nice cold drink for you!" Annabel said, "How come he gets the purple cup?" I told them he was the birthday boy.
We had a fun party with the kids, then dropped them at Jen's house to sleep over while Joe and I went on a date. The kids gave Jen and Jason a run for their money, and Joe and I had a great time on our grown-ups only night out. Thanks Jen for toughing it out!
My house shows the after weekend disaster, but I'm a little too tired to really get things in shape. Rachel woke us up last night with a loud thunk around 3:30 am. She must have been walking in her sleep, tripped and fell onto their bookshelf. She cut her head pretty good. I think she probably needed stitches, but instead we cleaned it up and glued the cut shut as best as we could in our groggy state.
Joe is starting another class this week that will be on Monday and Wednesday nights. It is another thing to take up his time, but he is excited about the content. Something about information protection. Whatever.
Still trying to decide what super fun thing to do for the 4th. We'll keep you posted!
We had a fun party with the kids, then dropped them at Jen's house to sleep over while Joe and I went on a date. The kids gave Jen and Jason a run for their money, and Joe and I had a great time on our grown-ups only night out. Thanks Jen for toughing it out!
My house shows the after weekend disaster, but I'm a little too tired to really get things in shape. Rachel woke us up last night with a loud thunk around 3:30 am. She must have been walking in her sleep, tripped and fell onto their bookshelf. She cut her head pretty good. I think she probably needed stitches, but instead we cleaned it up and glued the cut shut as best as we could in our groggy state.
Joe is starting another class this week that will be on Monday and Wednesday nights. It is another thing to take up his time, but he is excited about the content. Something about information protection. Whatever.
Still trying to decide what super fun thing to do for the 4th. We'll keep you posted!

1 Comment:
Hooray! I'm excited you got a blog, I loved reading it. Keep us posted, we check it a lot.
Post a Comment