Monday, April 26, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. And I'm back. Sorry for the brief hiatus, I just wasn't feeling the whole blog thing. It seemed like another chore. On a huge list of chores. That I don't want to do. Lately, I've been feeling very disconnected. I feel a little sheepish admitting how important my Internet friends are in my life, but I've missed connecting with you guys, so I'm back.

2. I've been busy with family gatherings. Easter with the Higbees and family reunion with the Chaffins. Despite a few heart stopping moments with lost children, including one at 3:00 am, which I still haven't recovered from, we had a great time with both families.

3. Huge news from my hometown: Dugout Dick died. I can't believe it. I can remember touring his mountainside of crazy when I was young and thinking how great it would be to live in a home made of recycled tires or beer cans. I loved everything about his eccentric nature, I just didn't want to get stuck behind his truck when we were running late for school. I'm pretty sure he fueled his truck with vegetable byproducts. Which is very earth friendly, but makes for a very slow 10 mile drive to town.

4. Susannah turned one a few weeks ago. I can't believe it! She is absolutely adorable in every way. Joe and I giggle every day about her cute little rooster tail that sticks up in the back of her head. We've tried to wet and comb it down, to no avail. Apparently, it was very disturbing to one of the older children, whose solution was to just cut it off. I still don't know who did it, but I have my suspicions.


5. Ben had his friend, Gunner over to play the other day. Having a buddy over makes Ben lie like a politician. Gunner was forced to do frequent fact checking. No, Ben is not 116 years old. No, he has not shot a bear.

6. QOTD: On Saturday, Joe was getting dressed up to teach a class and I was getting dressed up to go to Laurel's baby shower. Annie: Is it picture day?

7. Here's something we've been enjoying as a family lately. We love learning about all of God's creations and watch in awe.

8. PSA: For those parents of girls that believe only little girls change their clothes 17 times a day. BOYS ARE WORSE! It's a constant struggle to keep his closet stocked.

9. I've been watching Jamie Oliver's food revolution and loving it. I loved the flash mob- here's the video:

And here are a few flash mob videos that I loved:



Note to self: Someday, participate in a flash mob.


10. So, I'm in the market for some new bras. I welcome any input you might have. I'm looking for something with full coverage and the ability to defy gravity, if you know what I mean.

Have a great week!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I never knew what those groups were called. Flash mobs, thanks for sharing. I've also been watching Food Revolution and have really liked it. Also love Life. Glad you're back.

Lani said...

Glad your back, I've missed your 10 on Tuesday. Bra shopping is so NOT fun, along with jeans shopping (for me anyway). I finally shopped a Victoria's Secret for bras (after being hounded by my sister for a while). I have a 'perfect bra' and an 'ipex' and they are still my current favorites after 4 months.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Dear Emily,
Oh How I've Missed Thee...
I'm glad you're back.
(at least for now)
Love you!
Kala

Bruni Bunch said...

Love your blog!!! Love the way you write. Its very entertaining:) You have a cute family!

Gma Higbee said...

Yippee, the master blogger is back! Your fans have missed you!

Alleman Family said...

Victoria's Secret is THE only way to go... A bit pricy but WAY worth it. :)

shel said...

I saw the news about Dugout Dick...I was sad that I will never have the chance to stay the night in one of his caves now. But maybe they will preserve them as a historical site ;)

Linds said...

The LIFE series IS so amazing, we are loving it too!

Anonymous said...

I would actually go someplace where they measure you for a bra. After 4 kids, who knows what your real bra size is. Mine has changed a ton in the last 9 months between having a baby and then running two marathons - it's time to get measured again.

Let me know when you find a flash mob to be a part of. I'm so in. :)