1. This week has been a busy one. We are prepping for a possible move in the fall by painstakingly sorting through every box in every closet. It's awful. Why is being organized so much work?
2. Occasionally we are rewarded by finding a rare treasure, an item we've forgotten about or something important we've misplaced or a special memory. Of course, every one's definition of "treasure" is different and many of the kids "treasures" have been rescued from the donate pile. And so it goes....
3. On Friday, we had a great evening with Joe's classmates. We hosted a BBQ and kept our fingers crossed that the kids would be somewhat behaved. I tried to explain how terrifying it was to do something like that with small children because you're never sure what they'll do. A couple of people thought I was being over dramatic. Luckily, Ben was quick to prove my point by streaking through the kitchen completely naked just a few moments later.
4. On Saturday, we performed the "Higbee Family Comedy Hour" at the ward talent show. It was a success. You would definitely think so if you had seen any of the 50 rehearsals leading up to it.
5. Unfortunately, We were out shined by the Relief Society doing a very impressive synchronized swimming routine, and the Native American Dance routine.
6. QOTD: Rachel (watching the Native American Dancing) Why couldn't we do something cool like that for our talent?
7. A photo of Miss Sassy herself:
8. I spent a few hours on etsy the other day, wishing I had millions to buy everything I loved. Here are some of my favorites: These, this, this, and this.
9. Today at dance, Annie got to try on her costume. She was thrilled and I couldn't help but smile as I saw that tall, skinny, slightly awkward girl dance around in her tutu.
10. They haven't found a replacement for me on the Organ this summer. I'm a little nervous that I'll be trying to play with the kids sitting by themselves for a few weeks. That didn't go over so well last time. Annie did her best to keep them all in line and hold Susannah, but then a sweet sister noticed and went to take Susannah from Annabel. Of course, she immediately freaked out and started screaming, so the sister took her out to the hall. That's when Ben screamed, "MOM!!! SOMEBODY STOLE SUSANNAH!!" That was the high point. It all went downhill from there.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
10 on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Just curious here, but didn't you already go through the boxes when you moved last time?
I think it's funny your talent was a 'comedy hour'. It sounds like every day in the life of the Higbees is filled with '24 comedy hours'! That bit about the streaker, and the yelling in Sacrament Mtg are proof!!
Dearest Emily, I love your style! I'm so glad you're blogging again! You bring me smiles and happiness through your excellent writing! Each week, I'm reminded of just how much I adore you and how grateful I am that we are friends!
Love the stories of your awesome kids - we wouldn't have it any other way, would we??? Good for you hosting the BBQ - I still haven't been brave enough for that, only s'mores. That's as far as we've gotten... I would have LOVED to see the Higbee comedy hour :)
Please, oh please tell me someone captured the Comedy Hour on video. Please?
Glad to have another post for you, and glad I'm not the only one who gets sucked into etsy!
Emily, you just slay me! I believe a sense of humor is the saving grace for mothers. That must be how you manage your brood so well!
I'm so eager to see a repeat of the Higbee Family talent. (Our ward is having a talent show later this month. Don't ya wanna take your act "on the road"?!)
I can't believe you might be getting ready to move again! Rachel has changed a lot since I saw her last. I still can't believe your baby is a year either. Time has really flew by! I got a kick out of Ben's comment at church, as Im sure a lot of other people did too:)
Moving??! Again? Wow. Why? Ben is awesome! I can totally see the play by play. :)
At least he is looking out for his sister!!! Good luck going through the boxes! I try to do taht when the kids are asleep and the husband is gone, that way i dont' have to explain any {forgotten} missing treasures. :)
Oh... my... gosh... laughing my butt off at someone stealing Susannah. At least you know your kids will yell that if someone actually tries to steal her. :) I also love the random nudity. I had a redhead streaking down the hall claiming someone had stolen all of his underwear until I showed him where it was - the same place it always is. I think he just wanted an excuse to run down the hall naked. :)
Post a Comment