1. Another week. Wow. 4 more to go. I'm having fun, but looking forward to school starting. Less noise. More order.
2. This weeks adventures include: Air and Space Museum, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam, Korean, and WWII Memorial, and Theodore Roosevelt Island.




3. On Sunday, I wanted to take the kids to "The Awakening", a strange outdoor sculpture that depicts a man "awaking" from underground. It was one of my favorite places when I lived in DC 10 years ago, as an intern. Apparently, it's been moved? I've searched online and don't have a clear answer to where it is right now? Anyone?
4. Last night, at family home evening, Susannah tried to do the motions to the songs we sang, and eagerly participated in ring around the rosie. She seemed like she had grown three months in a week and so much like a toddler now.
4. Last night, at family home evening, Susannah tried to do the motions to the songs we sang, and eagerly participated in ring around the rosie. She seemed like she had grown three months in a week and so much like a toddler now.

5. QOTD: (Rachel just woke up) Rachel: I'm starving!! Me: What would you like for breakfast? Rachel: I JUST WOKE UP!! Me: I thought you said you were hungry! Rachel: Well, when Ben woke up, you said Good Morning and I'm just sitting here wondering why you didn't say it to me!!
6. Last Sunday was the first Sunday we've been early to our 8:00 am church. We've had some skin of our teeth days and some not even close days, but it was a great feeling to sit there and wait for the meeting to start.
7. The children are taking swimming lessons from a nice girl who lives close. It's going well and I wish we would have started weeks ago!
8. Susannah has pooped in the bath at least 200 times since she was born. Keep in mind that was only about 400 days ago. There is no long bath play time for this girl, instead I hose her off as quick as I can, screaming the entire time, "DON'T YOU POOP IN MY BATHTUB!!" (Which she finds hysterical). I think she's missed that time, so now she likes to climb in the bathtub to play. Which is fine by me, as long as there is no water and she is fully dressed.
9. Another sleeping shot of Ben:

10. Yesterday, we went to the library, and the kids have been reading nonstop since. If they get enough minutes read, they win a toy fish to play with in the pool. I've been reading a lot too. I wish they provided some kind of adult incentive.....
3 comments:
We sure miss you all! It's great that your kids are having such fun adventures. I love seeing all your photos--they show so much personality. And the QOTD made me chuckle.
That is so funny - I just read this after I just cleaned up Lila's poop out of the tub! Isn't that the worst? Then you have to clean ALL the toys and scrub the tub...ugh. Above all, being a mom is still the best, isn't it :)
YOU were an intern? I didn't think you had loose enough morals for that. Wait? What's Joe doing again? :)
I think it's so neat that you are taking your kids to all the sights. I'm a bit jealous.
Post a Comment