1. So it's been a crazy few weeks, with a nasty flu bug making it's way through the entire family. The worst day was when Susannah had a febrile seizure and ended up in the ER. Of course, Joe was out of state for a job interview. It was not my best day.
2. Luckily, she has since recovered and is back to being Queen of the house. I have never seen a child so bossy and able manipulate 3 older children into serving her every whim. Having a new baby will be a huge shock for that one.
3. I was very pleased with myself for my organization this Valentines Day. Little cards and treats were prepared for class parties, Presents were wrapped for the children, a babysitter was hired and arrangements were made for a hot date with Joe. And then, 40 minutes before I was to drop Ben off for preschool, he said, "What about my Jello Jigglers?" Right. I was supposed to bring red heart shaped jello jigglers to the preschool party. It was a little scary in that kitchen for a while, with me digging through cupboards and screaming at Joe to find me directions for making them fast online, then to clean a spot in the freezer for them to set. But we did it. And they were a hit.
4. Joe and I managed a much needed date for Valentine's Day. It was a fun night, but I must admit I was a little disappointed in the lack of movie selections. How is it on the one night I have a babysitter, that my entertainment options are limited to: casual sex with no strings attached, exorcisms, psychotic roommates, or a biography about a 14 year old that believes he coined the phrase, "Never say Never". We settled for Adam Sandler, and both laughed out loud, so I'd say it was a success.
5. New book recommendation: You know when the Men are Gone by Siobhan Fallon. It's a collection of short stories about women surviving deployments in Fort Hood. I really enjoyed it. I couldn't believe how well she portrayed life on an Army Base, and could not believe how many of the stories I recognized from people I knew in the military. I would love for some of you other military wives to read it and share what you thought.
6. After giving it much thought, I've come to the conclusion that life would be better if February ended on the 15th. Is it just me or are the last two weeks just excruciating?
7. Most annoying Valentine treat: the temporary tattoos. Rachel has three on her face as we speak.
8. Last week, we had a special Family Home Evening on bathroom etiquette. Joe was very supportive although he did raise his eyebrows a few times at some of my demonstrations and attention to detail. While it may make some uncomfortable, I find that with children it is best to be very specific, never assume something goes without saying. We've noticed a huge improvement since.
9. Joe and I caught an episode of this the other night. We watched the whole thing with our jaws hanging open. YIKES!
10. Warning: Any comments defending Justin Bieber will be deleted without publication.
Have a great week!

6 comments:
We had one of those seizures with one of ours. They are really scary! I'm glad she is doing better. Your Valentines day sounds just as busy as ours. I agree, there are some very annoying valentines treat. Also, that there really isn't anything fun about the rest of Feb. Maybe we should plan another get together. We had a really good time with the last short visit. Hope everything is rolling smoothly with all the new stuff yet to come for you guys!!
Crazy things always happen to you! And you handle it so well, if I do say so. Another dumb Valentine's treat is leftover Christmas candy... I mean, really??
I'm glad that everyone is ok and that all is well now that everyone is over the yuckiness.
I like your blog, I"m glad you are blogging again.
{justin beiber who???}
Ahhh, I love your 10 posts. I too have been out if my regular blogging and reading of blogs....so congratulations on #5! And I just don't know how you sew with a little one around! Mase would be climbing on me, grabbing everything he could get his hands on! Well the best of luck and many prayers your way with the job and move!
Congrats on the new baby!!
Boo on the seizure! I'm glad she's feeling better. We barely staved off ruptured ear drums this last week, but I'll take that over a febrile seizure.
And I'm with you on the Beiber. I mean, really? You're 12. You have long hair. You sing. Great. Do we really need to have a movie about you?
And I'm good with skipping the rest of February. And our anniversary is the 28th. I think it's because Adam is ALWAYS gone then.
Hey Emily, Joe and sweet family! My sister Sharon gave me you blog info so I could look in on you guys from time to time. I haven't read every post, but have enjoyed an evening of looking a sweet children and getting snapshots of your adventurous life. I hope you are okay with me looking in on you from time to time. Maybe we will be lucky enough to visit with you in person soon. Lots of love from your Florida aunt, Laurie aka Beesha
Post a Comment