1. The problem with being a slacker blogger is that once you miss a couple of weeks, all you can think about is all of the things you need to catch everyone up on. In my case, it's the end of summer, first day of school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. It starts to feel overwhelming and then you just skip it all together, because who needs that? To save some stress, I'm skipping the catch up and starting right now. All those things happened and were great. Moving on.
2. The big news at our house: Susannah is potty trained. It was so easy! She said she was ready, and I threw some underwear on her and she kept them dry for days...and nights! I was ready to declare myself mother of the year until we went the the library and she said she had to go. I took her into the public restroom, and holy crap did she completely come undone. It was crazy. Screaming, bawling, sweat (mine), tears (ours), strangers checking to see if she was being tortured, and finally a promise to hold it until she got home. We raced home and Rachel ran to one bathroom, Ben to another and Susie peed her pants.
3. Evelyn is growing like a weed. She is a squishy bundle of pure happiness that we just can't get enough of. She can scoot/roll herself all over the floor and loves to find anything she can and shove it in her mouth. A zero tolerance policy for Lego's and other small toys has been implemented until further notice.
4. Yesterday, I drove back and forth to the school six times. It was pretty much how I spent my entire day.
5. We put up our Christmas tree the other day. It was so fun. The kids really got into it this year, and I thought they did a pretty nice job decorating. I just found this lovely blog, and she's inspired me to do a more in-depth post about our Christmas tree later this month.
6. Along with the Christmas tree, I set up the sewing machine. I'm working on several projects, all gifts and ultra top secret, so I'll save photos for after the big reveal. I'll just say that I'm very excited!
7. A Christmas treat. The recipe is from my sister, Jen (as most of my yummy ones are).
8. QOTD: (I'm picking the kids up from school) Rachel: I can't get this Hanukkah song out of my head! Me: Did you learn about Hanukkah today? Rachel: No.
9. This post made me want to throw caution to the wind and get pregnant as quickly as I could, just so I could birth the child at home into Joe's capable hands. I'm not pregnant, but it is a truly beautiful birth story and confirms my belief that bringing a life into this world is truly a glorious thing.
10. Yes, this is Wednesday. I did mention I'm a slacker blogger, right?

2 comments:
I love reading your 10 on Tuesdays, they always make me smile :)
As usual, glad to have you back. I though C-Jane's birth story was fascinating, too. Not enough to want to have another baby, but pretty incredible, like that's the way it women should be having babies all along!
Post a Comment