The best day of the summer was at the very beginning of summer. The kids had just finished school and we were preparing for our move later that week. Evelyn was only 4 weeks old and things were very crazy at our house. We were cleaning and packing and Joe said, "I don't want to do this, let's go on a road trip." I thought he was insane. I finally agreed and we quickly packed a bag for everyone and loaded up the car. We decided to do a loop around central Idaho, and our first stop was Craters of the Moon. The kids loved hiving around and exploring there.
Then we headed toward Ketchum and Sun Valley. We stopped at the hot springs where Joe did his Eagle Scout project and let the kids strip to their underwear and hop in. That was the highlight for them. We had a burgers in Sun Valley and headed to Red Fish lake. The kids played in the sand while I sat and fed Evelyn.
Then we went to Stanley lake and camped in a cabin near the beautiful Salmon River. The next day, we continued driving along the river and stopping to explore hikes and natural hot springs before we drove through Challis to home.
It was completely unplanned, but it was a beautiful, relaxing trip. We love Idaho and will always consider it home and this trip was a magnificent reminder of why.









0 comments:
Post a Comment