Monday, August 29, 2011
Worst day of the Summer
First, a little back story. Because we aren't sure if we will stay here forever, we decided to rent for a while. The rental market here moves pretty fast and we were having a hard time finding a house that would work for us. Joe's company would pay for 6 weeks temporary housing while we looked for a more permanent place, so we decided to do that. So, when we first moved here, we lived in the apartment the company provided, and before long we found a house that would work. My parents came at the end of June and we had the movers bring all of our stuff. My parents helped get the beds set up and the kids things unpacked. That was pretty much all that was done. We decided to actually move into our new home over the 4th of July weekend. Then on Friday, Joe's work had a major breech in security and he pretty much worked 24/7 that whole weekend, aside from a few hours to go see the fireworks on the 4th. I couldn't stand the thought of a whole weekend of no fun for the kids, so I went crazy buying slip and slides, pools, and taking the kids to eat. Very little unpacking happened and the house was in terrible condition because we had partied there all day on Monday.
Tuesday morning, I load up the kids to go to the house and get it cleaned up and start getting things organized. As I pull up to the house, so does the Relief Society Presidency. I. AM. DYING. I know the mess that is just in the front door. We walk in together and try to make small talk. I apologize for the mess and try to explain. There isn't even really a place for them to sit. It is bad. They leave and I begin unpacking. The children are crazy. Susannah keeps taking all of her clothes off. When the next relief society sister stops by, the house looks better, but Evelyn is screaming and Susannah is naked.
By the time Joe gets home from work, my nerves are shot. He tells me someone is going to stop by to buy our fridge (we had an extra since the house already had one). I kick my way through the garage to clean it out. I open the freezer to find mold. What a mess. I am hurrying to get the fridge clean. Then I go to check on the baby who is asleep in our room and the door is locked. I go to get something to pick it and then I notice that it isn't a regular bedroom lock, this one takes a key. It is probably on the ring of keys the agent gave us that is sitting on the dresser in my bedroom. Needless to say, after the day I had, I did not take the news that my two month old baby was locked in our bedroom with the keys very well. Then she started to cry and I lost it.
So, I cleaned the fridge while Joe broke the door and rescued Evelyn. We sold the fridge and Joe has repaired the door. Susannah is keeping her clothes on much better now. The security problem at Joe's work is resolved and he even got a bonus for the trouble (if only they knew). No one in the Relief Society has been back and we are living proof that this too shall pass. Check back tomorrow for the best day of the Summer!
Posted by Emily at 7:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you are back to posting. Your new little one is adorable. Where did you end up moving to?
What a day!
Ahh, I've had days like this, where you just want the day to be over. I look forward to reading about the best day of summer!
Post a Comment