Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 on Tuesday "To be Two again" edition

1. Susannah is two and acts like it. Don't get me wrong, I love having a toddler around, but this kid is crazy!

2. Exhibit A: "The toothpaste incident"


3. Exhibit B: ONE of the "Sticker incidents"


4. I really didn't remember any of the other kids having the terrible two's and then I thought a little longer:

5. Annie at 2:

Loves: playing with her sister, her stuffed dog, stacking all of Gma's cans of cat food and organizing all of her earrings on the side of the bathtub. Like to build beds in the bathtub and one time held the last bite of food I forced her to eat in her mouth all night long. Is famous for swallowing a small handful of change and the subsequent ER visits.

6. Rachel at 2:


Loves: the color pink, dancing, and dress- up. Gets into my lipstick, colors on walls, and sometimes sleep walks. Is famous for pouring an entire bottle of Hershey's syrup into measuring cups all over the kitchen and dining room floor. When I asked her who did it, she looked me straight in the eye with her hands and face covered in chocolate and said, "I don't know."

7. Ben at 2:


Loves: building blocks and cars. Is our earliest escape artist and can climb out of his crib faster than we can shut the door to his room. Once spilled an entire can of chip dip all over the living room floor. Is famous for moving the kitchen chairs and stools to climb and get into the cupboards. One time I found stash of food from our deep freeze hidden in his closet.

8. Susie at 2:


Loves: Her brother and sisters, singing, and little ponies. Has a thing for soap, especially liquid soaps like dish soap, baby soap, and the foam hand soaps (we've had disaster's with all of them). Likes to sneak into our room while we're sleeping and stare at us until we startle awake just for the joy of having us pick her up and carry her back to bed. Is famous for sneaking out of the house after I put her to bed and was in my room feeding Evelyn.

9. The good news is, I haven't seen a crayon in Annie's nose in ages, and when Rachel drinks the Hershey's syrup, she hardly spills any at all. And when Ben dumps a box of cereal, it almost all makes it in the bowl. And in 2 years, when Susie comes crying to me about Evelyn breaking into her school supplies and using her markers to tattoo her entire body, I can pull up this post and explain that she's just two and when you have a two year old in the house, you need to keep the markers, crayons, cat food, earrings, Hershey's syrup, cereal, chip dip, soap, stickers, toothpaste, loose change and dining room chairs all out of reach.

10. Until then, here's a 2 year old quote of the day: It's 3:00 am and I've just been startled awake by her eery stare. I pick her up to take her back to bed. Susie: I'm soooo tired!!

1 Comment:

Jennie said...

i just have to tell you...

i am so glad you are back!!!

i have missed your posts and this one was not disappointing at all!! :)