Here's a review of our spring break in photos!
Holding to the Chaffin tradition, I refused to let anyone have any fun until they had worked. We did some major spring cleaning. Organized closets drawers, and I did a little mourning over how fast children grow.... to celebrate finishing our work, Ben and Susie had a major lego party:
2. The next day, at the library, I taught the kids to play checkers and that pretty much consumed the next 24 hours. Here they are playing by the side of the road, cause that's how we roll:
3. We stayed pretty close to home at the beginning of the week and the kids had a wonderful time with no school and nice weather.
4. On Thursday, we loaded up and went on a Road trip to Seattle. Joe found us a very nice hotel room. We went to Ikea, the Lego store, and swimming the first day.
5. The next day, we hit Pikes Market (LOVED IT), the Pier, and the Space needle. The big kids loved it. Evelyn, not so much.
6. We'd planned to do more, but Evelyn wore us out and we left in the late afternoon. Everyone was a little tired and grouchy.
7. QOTD: We stopped to eat on the way home and by that time, everyone was exhausted. Susie was laying on the floor, Evelyn was hollering and throwing food. The big kids were bickering. Then Annabel said, "I feel sorry for that guy sitting by himself over there, he must be so lonely" and Joe said, "Yeah, it must be awful."
8. The great thing about having a husband gainfully employed has been the 2 months I spent shopping for the perfect Easter dresses and outfits for the kids. I spent hours pondering, searching, matching and planning and it was awesome. I was a little panicked that Rachel's wouldn't arrive, but it did just in time and I have to say, the photo doesn't do them justice. They were just beautiful. It was so fun.
9. On Sunday, we had an Easter feast. The kids helped me make Aunt Christi's deviled eggs, and we went to a friends house for an Easter Egg hunt. It was a lovely day.
10. Of course, we also spent the entire week celebrating Susie's birthday. It was a smashing success, complete with a Lalaloopsy mermaid doll, a road trip, and strawberry shortcake. (Please notice the self haircut - she gave herself bangs, and really didn't do half bad!)
Hope you all had a great spring break!
2 comments:
I loved Pikes Place market and downtown Seattle when we lived there. I hope you are enjoying it and your kids are so adorable!
How fun you guys! What a great week. Happy Birthday Susie!!! Hope it was a wonderful one. I love all the Easter outfits. They are adorable.
Post a Comment