1. Flyin Solo this week. Joe is gone to Texas for the entire week and we are holding up just fine so far.
2. Rachel has mastered riding a two wheeler and on Saturday, we went for a family bike ride. All the big kids rode their bike and Joe towed the little girls in the bike trailer. It was a huge success. I can remember going for family bike rides every Sunday when I was little. I hope to continue the tradition.
3. While Joe is gone, I fill the nights with as many hours of Felicity and Downtown Abbey as I can. Joe will be relieved to be gone when he reads this.
4. Evelyn has mastered opening and emptying every cupboard in the kitchen in less than 15 minutes.
5. The other day, I was participating in a serious/funny conversation on facebook on the art of one-up-manship. Then someone linked this. Funny.
6. The other day, I was blog hopping and I felt a swell of gratitude for Laurel and Jen because they are so great at updating their blogs. I guess the trend of blogging has passed. I miss knowing so many useless details about friends, random acquaintances, and complete strangers. I guess I'm nosy. If you're wondering if I'm talking about you, I am.
7. This week I read:
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother - I'm a sucker for crazy mother stories now that I am one.
Heaven is Here - Oh my goodness I laughed and I cried my eyes out. I loved it and am crossing my fingers that she is already working on her next book.
8. Right now, I am missing the left shoe for 3- yes t-h-r-e-e pairs of Evelyn's shoes.
9. QOTD: Annabel is currently writing her first novel. It consumes every minute of her spare time. Rachel: Do you want to go play outside?
Annie: I can't, I have to work on my book.
Rachel: It's not like you're going to die tomorrow and not be able to finish it!
10. On Saturday, while Joe was mowing the lawn, Susie climbed on the trampoline with Ben's blanket and fell fast asleep....




5 comments:
I know how Annie feels. When I'm engrossed in a book, everything else has to wait! BTW, what is her first novel??
How odd that it's always Evelynn's left shoe missing. You're gonna have to solve that mystery for us.
Hope the rest of your week w/o Joe goes well. Enjoy your chick tv shows. :)
And I hope YOU don't discontinue blogging. It's so great to have that little window to your world. We, your followers/fans, plead with you to keep on writing!
Where is Texas is Joe? Maybe he's close enough we could see him!
Sharron, I guess I was vague in the post, she's writing, not reading the novel. It's currently untitled;) Kellie, Joe is in Dallas. Where are you guys? I have a couple of friends in Texas right now.
We're in Midland, too far to be able to see him! :(
I love the update:
1. What a busy little girl that Evelyn is. Do you think that perhaps she hid those three left shoes? Maybe in the kitchen cupboards she unloaded?!
2. I love the QOTD. Tell Annie I plan to put in an advance order of her novel.
3. I also loved Downton Abbey and watched it in a few "late" nights. Can't wait for next season.
4. Michael absolutely would not watch it with me.
5. Susie must have been really tired to fall asleep on the tramp.
Post a Comment