Dear Annabel,
I can't believe that you are five years old! I can remember going to the hospital five years ago with Daddy and Gma Nan with such anticipation! We could not wait to meet you. For nine months we had wondered about every detail. Who you would look like, what we would name you. If you would play the piano like mom, or basketball like dad. We set up your nursery, shopped for clothes, and sewed baby blankets. We spent hours picking out the perfect stroller, and no detail went overlooked. It seemed like I was in labor with you for days! We were so impatiant to finally see you. Then you were here. This perfect angel for us to love. Some people say you look like me and some say you look like dad. To us, you looked like you! We were beyond thrilled. Then reality hit of what we had done....The responsibility of taking this human being home and keeping her alive and healthy and happy was terrifying. Luckily, you were such a happy baby. Everyone loved to hold you, and your dad and I would argue over who got to rock you to sleep. You have continued to bring us such joy everyday, just by being here and being you! I love you because you have such a big heart. You are so kind to people. You are such a big helper and the best big sister in the world! Thank you for being my daughter! I love you.
Love, Mom

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Annabel! We miss you! Abby still talks about you and asks when she can play with you again. Hopefully we can see you guys over Christmas!
OK. So I finally remembered to get on your blog and now your on my list!! I read some of your previous blogs and was laughing out loud at the one with Ben and his binky!! So funny! My sister didn't have a binky but STILL has a wubby... a blanket she refuses to get rid of even though she's, yep, married!! I love your pictures... you are a great photographer and get that perfect shot! I guess it helps that you have kids that will actually look at you and smile.. yep, STILL don't have that. Every pic has the side of Bry's head! Thanks for the fun reading! Tif
What a great blog! I'm happy Tiff listed you on hers so I could check it out. Do you mind if I link you to my blog? I love the pic with Annabel in the leaves. You sure have gorgeous kids--right down to Ben's amazing curly locks! And we LOVE your kids in nursery!
What a sweet heart. And Emily you were in labor with her for days. And if I remember right...even through the labor you were happy and excited and the most joyful laboring woman ever. She is beautiful. I think she gets all of her good looks from her daddy, cus you've still got all of yours.
Awww! Love that picture. You are a phenomenal photographer! (say that 10 times fast.) Wish her a happy b-day from us... we would send a card IF we had your address. hint hint. :)
Post a Comment