Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!


Not only did we put up our Christmas tree (an adventure all it's own), we had snow too! The kids were absolutly thrilled with both.

They loved shopping all over town for bulbs the perfect color of red, and when I made Joe stop the car in the middle of traffic and do an immediate U-turn because I thought I spotted the perfect wreath. In my defense, it does look positivly fabulous. Joe was a trooper through the whole fiasco. The only time he started to get irratated was when we pulled out the lights only to find that none of them worked. We replaced fuses and several hundred bulbs to no avail. After about an hour, we loaded the kids up to go buy new lights, just after we got home and put all of our new lights on the tree, I realized that we hadn't brought all of the boxes in from the garage. That was when I found two boxes full of working lights. I thought the obvious solution was to cover the exterior of our house Griswald style. Joe strongly disagrees. Annabel is on my side and does her best to support my cause. Everytime we drive by some ridiculously flashy light display, Annie gives her best sad sigh and says in a longing voice, "I wish we could have lights like that at our house." Hope your holiday season is starting out just as fun!

5 comments:

Des said...

I have to tell you that I was laughing through your post. Sounds a lot like our Christmas set up. Problem with lights as well. We also had to buy more. One of my christmas bins had a snowglobe crack and ruin everything in it. Sad. We are loving the snow too. Orange had the older two out sleding in the back yard last night. It has been fun. You don't get the snow like this out east. Anyway, great pictures in the snow. The one of the girls is BEAUTIFUL. You have two heartbreakers on your hands. They are gorgeous!! I noticed your painted livingroom in your picture. We need to get together so I can see what else you guys have done with your place. So funny about the wreath. But I totally understand. When you find the perfect something you gotta get it. Otherwise if you settle everytime you look at the other you would wish you got the one you wanted.

Heather said...

I'd love to see any thing you do look Griswald style. Sorry--just look at your Christmas tree. You are far too elegant to have a Griswald Christmas. And evidently, I'll have to make a special stop to see the wreath. Isn't it great what husbands are willing to go through to make the women happy? Loved the post!!

The Rexburgites said...

I loved your post! The pictures are amazing. The tree looks beautiful and annabel, rachel, and ben look great.
We miss you! Hope to see you next week.

Alleman Family said...

I love your tree! It's beautiful... I was laughing at your post and I can only imagine what Tyler would be saying thru the whole ordeal... he probably woulnd't be quite as nice at Joe! :)

Kellie said...

Your tree looks awesome! I understand the Griswald wish, our house in Nampa was the Griswald house and here we can't do it, in fact we don't have any lights up outside. Oh well....your kids look darling. Have a good week!