1. We are in full fledged Halloween preparation mode. Costumes have been purchased/ borrowed, cookies have been made, and the children are giddy with anticipation for Halloween parties and trick-or-treating. Look for photos this week.
2. Self-Portrait. Somebody didn't want me to look at the camera.
3. Our ward party is tomorrow night and we are in charge of the cupcake walk. I have spent an absurd amount of time, trying to find the best cupcakes to make. Last year, every single child (including my own) ignored my generously sprinkled orange cupcakes in favor of much more elaborate choices with gummy worms and plastic spider rings. I was more than a little embarrassed to take my entire tray home as if they were sprinkled with arsenic rather than brightly colored candies. Not this year. I've done my research. What do you think of these brain cupcakes?, or these little guys are kind of cute, or there is my favorite: the Kitty litter cake. After much thought, I decided to take a year off and just man the booth this time. Next year, I'll bring the kitty litter.
4. We took the kids for a hike up in the hills on Saturday, they loved being outside and throwing rocks. The actual hiking? Not so much.
5. Some fun photos from our hike:


6. After the hike we met the Kohl's at the pumpkin walk. The pumpkin walk is a local tradition, where groups of people use pumpkins to create scenes and everyone can walk through and see them. The theme this year was "Hero's" A fun time every year.
7. QOTD: While we were on our hike, We taught Annabel how to rough it tinkling in nature's toilet. Apparently this caught Ben's attention because hours later at the pumpkin walk, completely surrounded by people, Ben said, "Mom, can I poop on this grass?". Good times.
8. I'm experiencing some pregnancy cravings. Lots of garlic chicken pesto pizza, some fries and gravy, sugar donuts, and most recently some delicious oranges I picked up this week. What was your most crazy pregnant or just plain hormonal craving?
9. A Halloween card:
10. Took the girls to the dentist this week. Turns out Annie has a spare tooth. Just sitting there hanging out in case she needs it.
Happy Halloween everyone:)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
10 on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 7:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I'm totally wanting your new banner-so cool!
So I say this every single comment, but I LOVE your QOTD. I think I'd better take my kids in for a check-up because they don't say as many hilarious things. Maybe the humor comes with the spare tooth. Hmmmm....
(Oh almost forgot! ANOTHER self portrait? It's like I don't even know whose blog this is anymore! :-)You look fantastic!)
I have a recipie for Cat Poop Cookies that you put in a cat litter box of Grapenut cereal. I'm totally looking for the right time to pull this one out.
And my weirdest/craziest craving was grape bubble gum. We were in Monterey and I swear I searched everysingle store to find some and the closest thing I found was a watermelon and grape combo (who ever thought of that should be shot... it was gross!!)
And I guess better to have a spare tooth than not to have enough....
The kitty liter cake was a bit much for me. However, the brain cupcakes looked edible still--and rather simple. Watch for those as a possibility at the ward party. I hadn't decided what to do but after last year, I, too, knew it had to be creative!
Hey Em...love your new banner and the picture of Ben and Joe...thanks for your help with my blog! Happy trick or treating!
I love the kitty litter cake!! So awesome. I'm sure your cupcakes were yummy last year... :)
Have a fun Halloween, guys! We are excited to give you hugs this weekend!!
Why don't you all band together and make a pact to bring only BORING cupcakes? That way the kids will pick 'em since it's all they've got and you can be done with these NASTY recipes (sorry, but di-sgust-ing!). No, on second thought, there will always be that one mom who goes too far and ruins it for all the rest of us under-achievers!
I love your pictures!!
Oh, and watermelon and grape juice were my biggest cravings...not very creative, I guess. (Just good and juicy for the dehydration.)
Okay, your banner is adorable. That picture of you is beautiful. I would totally have pregnant face by now. You look great! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. I always crave oranges and most fruit when I am pregnant and hotdogs! Gross huh?
I'm trying the brain cupcakes, too!!! Given my past experience, I am going to try one, it'll look pathetic, and I'll decide it's too much work, and just frost the rest of them with weird flesh colored frosting. We'll see...Love the pics...The thing I craved when I was pregnant the last time was popcorn. Weird?
Hey Emily, I of coarse have to first tell you how much I love your fall header. Maybe someday I can sweet talk you into helping me jazz up mine. Halloween is so close, I am so excited. There's no ward Halloween party here which is kind of a bummer. That is hilarious about Ben and the desire to go to the bathroom outside. That was a little problem for us with Kort. Of coarse Orange thought it was hilarious and I was mortified. I won that one. Some cravings for me: Starburst, Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, Apple juice with crushed ice, Nachos, chips and salsa, rootbeer popsicles, Hot fries (chips), krispy kreme donuts, Twix candy bars. Just to name a few:)You wonder why I gain 40 lbs almost everytime? I love the photo of you and Ben. Great job!
P.S. A little side note about DWTS. Cloris is GONE. Hooray!!!
hi from Lucy's sister. She sent me over to check out the kitty litter cake. Looks awesome and I think I would totally choose that as my cake walk prize if I had the chance! I have a 6 yr old with an extra tooth as well... except that he has had one tooth pulled, so now it's even I guess.
OK, by the time I get through all 10 of your items, I forget which items I was going to comment about and what I was just thinking to say like 10 seconds earlier. I'm a nutcase. Anyhoo, I just love to read your blogs Em. And I'm totally diggin your new layout! The photos from your hike were so great. And Ben, what a character always bringing the smiles! Pregnancy and food...what a funny combination. Don't eat something you love during pregnancy, because if you throw it up, you never want to eat it again. Am I right or what? During Ammon's pregnancy I loved ice cream. During the twins' pregnancy I was ADDICTED to meatball sandwiches. With Kanyon's pregnancy, I had a big thing for French Dip.
Congratulations on the new pregnancy! How awesome. I loved your cupcake ideas. I am also just a orange icing with sprinkles kind of person. Come on who has that kind of time! Good luck with the cravings:)
i love the halloween card! very cute!
and i love the self portrait!
Em, I love your blog. It just makes me smile. :) My craziest cravings were raw rice, cleaning stuff ( i loved going done that isle in the groc. store) and Sponges. I just wanted to bite them. I think I was missing a mineral or something.:)
I know I'm so late with this, I've been too busy for comments I guess... but congrats on #4!
Post a Comment