Tuesday, November 4, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Despite a little bit of the sickies on Thursday night, the kids were able to pull out of it to have a very Happy Halloween. This year, Annie was a witch (again) I did buy her a new hat that she refused to wear because it itched too much (that's the Chaffin in her). Rachel was a pink unicorn. I had no idea where I was going to find a pink unicorn costume, but by some miracle, there in Target in all it's glory sat one pink unicorn costume (with a small tear, so we got it for 30% off). Ben was a cowboy.

2. Photos of our evening. They sat like this and I couldn't believe how solemn they all looked (they really had a fun time) so I said, "come on guys, smile!!" and then I got this picture:

3. Howdy partner!

4. Witchy Woman:

5. "Hi my favorite color's pink, what's yours?"

6. Right after Trick-or-treating, we headed to Gma and Gpa Higbee's house in Twin Falls - we had a busy weekend planned!

7. First, we drove to Boise and stopped at Mike and Jen's house to meet the newest addition to our family- my sweet niece, Kathryn. She was such an adorable tiny little thing- I've never had a baby that small! We are so thrilled for Mike and Jen and wish them and little Kathryn all the best.

8. After our visit it was time to head to the church for my nephew, Benton's baptism. We are so proud Benton and the choice he has made. We loved sharing this time with family and can't wait until next time.

9. As a special treat, Aunt Kari and Uncle Chris hosted a girls only slumber party at their house. The girls had the best time painting fingernails, singing and dancing, and sleeping with the dogs. They are still talking about it. Thanks Higbee's for a fun weekend!!

10. QOTD: Rachel: Mom, your belly is starting to get bigger for the baby, and so is this up here (Patting my ginormous bosom). It almost looks like you're going to have 2 babies! Almost.

Reminder: Don't forget to vote!!

11 comments:

Gma Higbee said...

Sweet pictures. I did wonder about the serious faces on Halloween! We're so glad you were able to come up for the wknd. Thank you for the fun times!

{leah} said...

I love how perceptive kids are. They point out all the things that no body else will.

D'Neill said...

HILARIOUS quote of the day :) You gotta love those kids and their honesty.

Monique said...

I got your book in the mail today that I ordered from ebay!!! I LOVE your card. :) Without giving it away too much, I do want to say that it is a croc that you didn't get the front cover, but you did get the first page in the theme. :) You go girl! Are you allowed to post it yet?

Harmony said...

That pink unicorn costume is blowing my mind! Awesome! I announced one year I wanted to be a water buffalo and my mom's head probably exploded!

Let's just say that Halloween involved a lot of paper mache.

I always love your QOTD! And of course, AWESOME PICTURES! Am I a broken record on here?

shel said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! Can never get enough of your quotes. Spending time around Rachel, I can see that you will never have a shortage of them!! She keeps me rolling.

Lucy said...

10 - RIGHT ON... It looks like I'm have three! :)

The Rexburgites said...

loved the post, i usually check your blog every day and many times on tuesday until you post. I love the quotes, the stories, and the great pictures. We miss you.We quote your kids all the time. lol I'm really looking forward to the girls dress shopping weekend!

Jennie said...

love the costumes... love the kids excitement to be wearing them! lol!

i am glad you had fun!

Sarah said...

Hey Emily,
This is Steve. I was wondering where you and Joe Currently live. We now live in Lehi and if you guys live close I would love to came and see you

Hansen Family said...

Cute Halloween pictures! Okay Em, I know I am a little behind but I didn't even know you were expecting. Congrats, when is the baby suppose to arrive? You gotta love our kids blunt honesty! Too funny.