Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. This weekend, we braved the crowds and hit the sale at Old Navy. Hats, scarfs and gloves for $1- you can't beat that. Everyone thinks so, I know because literally everyone was there. Rachel has found that her scarf doubles as a nice leash for when she wants to be a puppy.
2. Annabel's birthday wish was to go to Build-a-Bear again. Because literally every weekend is booked until her birthday, we took the kids this weekend. A good time was had by all and Annie picked a sparkly blue bear and dressed her up as Hannah Montana.
3. It's my week to take the kids to school. There was no way I was riding bikes and I had to get groceries, so I jumped up at the crack of dawn and showered and had all of the kids dressed and ready and we were all out the door by 7:45. I felt like I was pretty on top of things. I remembered my shopping list and my reusable grocery bags and had on my new cute fleece from Old Navy. Then Jen pointed out a few hours later that my fleece still had the price tag hanging from the armpit and the size taped to it.

4. I had another publication! A layout this time. Annabel was flipping through the magazine and said- "hey that's me!" She was very impressed.

5. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend with Desiray. We are hitting the town to celebrate her birthday and I can't wait!!

6. While we were driving home the other night, Joe made the mistake of asking me about our Christmas cards. I spent the next hour telling him about different patterned papers, colors, and my concern over 3 dimensional accents. Bless his heart, he stayed awake for the entire conversation. Still, I'm pretty sure he won't make that mistake again.

7. Other than some squirt guns in the bathtub, our house is a weapon free zone. No guns for little kids here. Unfortunately, Ben has become increasingly aware of the deprivation and has been forced to make one out of the plastic extension cord holder from the garage. He likes to carry it around and shoot everyone. After we are all dead, it conveniently turns into a guitar and he strums a few tunes.

8. I've been listening to Christmas music- I'm working on a playlist for you all.

9. QOTD: Me: "Ben, why don't you come sit on my lap and rock with me?"
Ben: "No, you're not even my best buddy" (and then he shoots me).

10. Art from Rachel- I'm loving all the hearts!

11 comments:

Lani said...

Out the door with 3 kids by 7:45? I'm totally impressed, tag or no! I love Ben's 'gun', very creative!

{leah} said...

Give it another week or so and all the dolls will be turned into guns too... and the sandwhich for lunch, and washcloth that was used to wipe his face....

I totally love getting things for a dollar!! And Steve has learned not to ask me what I'm doing when I'm working on a project.

The Galan Family said...

I braved the Old Navy sale, but totally forgot to pick up hats, scarves, or gloves. I was mainly there for the 50% off outerwear. I got all the kids jackets. I can't tell you how many times I have left the house with tags still on my clothes. So embarrassing! Annabel's puppy is cute. Believe me, I have tried to deter Abby from the whole Hannah Montana thing because she just seems too young, but it was too late. Luckily to me it's pretty innocent. Excited for you and your publication. You are seriously famous to me! Have an awesome birthday weekend with Desiray! Wish we could all be there together.

Lucy said...

I could write a book about all the things that have been turned into guns around this house. Food, legos, knex, pens, pencils, you know, everything. I still don't think Colson is any worse off. I mean in pioneer days didn't every family have a gun? That always makes me feel better.

Monique said...

I can't wait until hairbrushes, forks, etc. are turned into guns! Dylan already thinks everything that is round is a ball and meant to be thrown. So I have to be careful what I make that is round, like rolls and such that can quickly turn into hand grenades. Love the publication and am waiting for you to post it! Can't you post it now that it is out? :) hooray!

the Johnstons said...

Your publication is amazing! WOW!!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm in love with Rachel's hat. You lucky girl, living so close to Old Navy and all. Ben's gun is hilarious. Boys can make anything be guns. Guns and cars and balls and noise, that's what boys are all about. Congrats on the printed scrapbook layout! You're like famous now!

shel said...

I can't wait to see the layout...way to go, Emily!!

Des said...

I am so happy for another publication! I am sad that my mother-in-law doesn't subscribe to that one. I will see it one way or another. I love seeing my kids be creative, tell Ben that Orange would be proud. My kids get toy guns from their father so no need for creativity:(
I am SO excited for Friday!! It wasn't until you called that I was finally excited. I am still trying to come up with my final decision on my cards. I need to rub off some of Ben's creativity for my cards. I keep coming up blank!!
Old Navy sale just screams nightmare to me! I hope Joe was able to go with you. Seriously, It makes me weak to think of taking my kids to an sale like that. Love the $1 hat and scarf though.

Linds said...

Yes, also impressed with the 7:45 departure. Pregnant, showered, 3 kids, shopping list and all! I have found Wonder Woman.

EmilieAn said...

My favorite is when you eat the sandwich into a gun. Brenner never had guns or swords and he called them "breakers" and "stingers". He would tell you at 2 that that is what they do when they "get" you. Its just in the genes. RIght next to the sound effects gene.

BTW how do you go about getting published? I have no idea how or what it takes. Please school me about it ...

congrats on your newest little addition.