Tuesday, November 18, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. This week marks the halfway point for our baby. Our ultrasound is tomorrow. Because I'm a girl who likes to live on the edge, I decided a while back to NOT find out the sex of the baby. Joe said he was game for whatever I wanted to do. I found out this week that the only reason Joe agreed was because he was 100% certain I would change my mind. I have not, so we have been having a healthy debate about what to do. I keep questioning how much of a vote he really gets when I am the one carrying and delivering said child.

2. Had the best time with Desiray this weekend! We shopped, ate out, stayed in a hotel and made all of our Christmas cards. We laughed until she puked and just enjoyed some kid free time. Joe was a saint and stayed here with the kids so I could go (Okay he gets one vote).

3. Guess what? I'm doing it again this weekend! My sisters and mom are picking me up for a weekend of Christmas shopping. I can't wait! Joe will stay with the children again.....(Maybe he should have an equal vote...hmmm).

4. While we were shopping in Anthropologie, I fell in love with many things but my favorites were the Aprons -so fun and homey. On my wish list for this year!

5. Took the kids to the mall today to play on the ice cream toys. While there, Ben found a kindred spirit. A little boy who liked to shoot people and things as much as Ben does. Even better, this little boy could do machine gun sounds- Which are soooo much better than just regular gun sounds.

6. QOTD: I had just gotten out of the shower and my audience had dispersed with the exception of Rachel, who wanted an encore. She watched with interest as I put on my deodorant.
Rachel: Why do you put that on your armpits?
Me: so they will smell nice.
Then hours later in the grocery store she shouts: MOM! I CAN SMELL YOUR ARMPITS FROM HERE AND THEY SMELL YUMMY!!

7. A big shout out to my Gma Kay, who is online! She called and asked for a link to my blog and I'm so happy to welcome her to the world wide web.

8. Look Delicious? They are! My very favorite cupcake- get the recipe here.

9. Annabel is being spotlighted in school tomorrow. Her teacher sent home a sheet of questions to ask her. I loved her three wishes:
a. To see the tooth fairy
b. To ride a unicorn
c. To go to Disneyland:)

10. It's almost midnight and I'm still thinking I'm not going to find out the sex of the baby. Really, there is no need - I'm 100% positive it's a girl. So positive that I made a bet with Joe. If it's a girl, I get to name it. If it's a boy- he does. You're all going to have to wait until April to find out.....

15 comments:

Harmony said...

What is WITH you women? NOT finding out the sex of the baby is INSANE! :-)

Find OUT! DO IT! 5,4,3,2,1...DO IT! DO IT NOW! (total Office reference)

(I swear I didn't get this worked up over the presidental election!) :-)

I say if you don't find out the sex tomorrow, you let Ben name the baby. That'll teach you!

Monique said...

Dang you ladies! :) You know it does get to the point where you have both, so you can be ready for either one... it COULD be pretty fun... hmmmmmm. And the agonizing everyone part kind of sound fun too! heehee. You go girl. ;) How are your armpits today?

Lucy said...

SO WORTH IT.

I mean why would you take the suggestion from Harmony, who has NEVER done it, I mean how would she know?? wink wink.

DON'T DO IT!!

DON'T DO IT!!

{leah} said...

The aprons are SO cute... I might just buy one and be an arone wearing girl!

I'll be on the other side.... don't find out.

At least you smell yummy and not "stinky gross"

Alleman Family said...

I love those aprons too! They are soooo adorable. Man, if only I can justify $32! I think you should find out as well... DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!! :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

WOW! I must say I'm impressed. I have issues with delayed gratification, and always found out ASAP the sex!!! That's impressive about the bet between you and Joe to name the baby, too!
Aren't boys funny, all about guns and cars and NOISE!!!
And don't you just love how curious children are? My kids have popped the deodorant question before. They also pretend to put cologne on and fake-shave in the tub. Why do they want to grow up so fast and enter the stinky things of life?!
Have a great time this weekend! I'm jealous that you had such a great kid-free time last weekend too! It sounds absolutely divine!!!

Heather said...

You have to find out. It's not fair to the rest of us who are dying to know if you'll have another Ben on your hands! I have to say, Joe is a saint. Not only did he watch your kids this past weekend, but the other kids in nursery, too, while the ladies sorted clothes. He's an angel and deserves the majority of the vote (as long as he wants to find out the gender!)

{leah} said...

Just so you know I came back to look at the aprons. I think I'll buy one and have Steve surprise me with it for Christams. (yeah buying your own Christmas gifts)

Des said...

Emily, I am so sad I didn't get to read this before your ultrasound. I would have sent you lots of encouragement to stay strong and hold out for the BIGGEST surprise ever! But if you caved, your only human. So many pressures out there. In which case I am sure you will let everyone know on next Tuesday what your decision was. Wishing you a marvelous weekend with all your sisters and mom!

Kellie said...

Em- The e-mail address G-ma gave me was kaychaffin@custertel.net I e-mailed her my blog and told her she could get to yours from mine but I've never heard anything back from her....so not sure if she got it!

Kellie said...

Maybe you and I should trade spouses for ultra sound days! You don't want to know, Donny doesn't want to know....I want to know and Joe wants to know!!

I love Ben and his guns, Porter is just getting into that phase (I can't figure where he got it from!) and EVERYTHING and ANYTHING can be a gun for Porter at this point. Ahhh boys they're so much fun!

Jennie said...

how fun! i am with you... i think surprises are fun!

love the quote! kids sure do say the darndest things!

have fun on your shopping weekend!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Congratulations n baby number 4!!! From des's comment i figured you found out after all. First 2 of mine total surprise number 3 had to know...gotten rid of all my baby girl stuff. Good luck and continue having lots of fun child free...makes me envious!

Jennie said...

happy thanksgiving! so much to be grateful for! have a great day!

Kellie said...

Hey Em- No baby news yet I'm down to about 11 days left. We'll see how things look after my apointment on Wed!!! E-mail me at kellie_littrell@yahoo.com and I'll get you those addresses!