Tuesday, December 2, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. I know you're all dying to know- we did not find out the sex of the baby. I'm super excited. Joe is resigned to another 4 months of suspense and my mother is horrified.

2. Hope you all had a super Happy Thanksgiving! Despite an evil eye infection for Joe and I, we had a great time with family.

3. In case you didn't know, Joe is a big time Black Friday shopper. Last year, he camped at Best Buy. This year, with my brothers-in- law, he did it again. He was a great shopper and found super deals for Christmas. He's a little sad that all of his shopping is done

4. Last week, Annabel and I went on a special date to select treats for her class to celebrate her birthday. We also went to the book store and sat on the floor and read tons of Christmas stories. For some reason, since our last visit they have removed the small table and chairs we usually sit at (I'm fairly certain Ben was to blame for that). We finished the evening with Hot Chocolate and lots of whipped cream at IHOP. Annie said, "I had a really fun time on my date mom." Me too.

5. Looking for a fun and cute holiday project? Check out this adorable advent calendar on 2 peas.

6. Had a great time with the girls last week! We shopped and shopped, had great food, talked, and just had a great time! I called Joe about 5 times a day for directions, random google requests, and in a panic one night after encountering the most terrifying hotel you can imagine. Open your dictionary to "SEEDY" and you will see a photograph of this hotel. Luckily, Joe was quickly able to find us much more appropriate accommodations just down the street and I was able to sleep that night.

7. Attempted Christmas card photos of the children yesterday. We going to go for a family shot, but our nasty eye infections kept Joe and I out this year.

8. Here are some of the outtakes of the event:























.


























9. Want to know where I get the cute stuff for my blog? It's here and just so you know, they are doing awesome giveaways through the whole month of December, so if you're into digital scrapbooking, head on over!

10.QOTD: Annabel: Are we going to get some of those things that babysitters have on their teeth for Ben?
Me: You mean Braces?
Annie: Yes! I mean just look at his teeth!!!-
This coming from the girl who has the extra tooth.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Emily, I am so proud of you for sticking to your guns! Was it tougher then you thought when you were there laying on the table?? It always is for me. But I promise the pay off will come in April...just wait I am so excited for you! I am sorry to hear about the eye infections, you two need to give each other some space already. Don't you know those eye things are super easy to swap?:) All kidding aside, we have fought a horrible virus of our own out here. Very tough when the whole family is bedridin:( I am happy that both girls weekends were a success. You have the BEST G.P.S available at your fingertips. Your date with Annie sounds precious, I love one on one time. Hope you are moving right along according to schedule and not feeling too stressed about your trip. If you need to make any emergency planning trips up to Rexburg between now and when you leave let me know if I can help with your kids.

Monique said...

What? No baby bump in the Christmas photo? :) I totally understand. Sorry for the eye thing. Hope you are better!

Des said...

ok, for some reason all my comments are being posted under my mother-in-law(Brenda)name. In reality, it's me Des. In case you were like, "who the heck"?

The Galan Family said...

Love your 10 on Tuesdays. I can't believe you didn't find out the sex. But maybe he or she will be born on my birthday. (4/12) I need to do more mother daughter dates with Abby. That is such a great idea. What did you guys do for Annabel's birthday? I love the christmas card pics. if I could fly you over here to take mine I would. They look awesome. Your kids are so good about looking at the camera and posing. I can't get any of mine to sit still. Miss you.

Arnold Family said...

I love your QOTD. That is so cute!

{leah} said...

I love all the pictures that you posted. It's always fun trying to take pictes of kids. I cheated this year and pulled some that I had taken earlier.
The best thing about kids is that you will always get an honest answer. And at least she is looking out for Ben's best intrest and his smile.
Good for you for not finding out. 9yeah for April!!)

Gma Higbee said...

Your photos are looking so polished & professional! Of course it helps to have such adorable models!!
I'm sorry you & Joe are sick with eye infections. Doesn't he have finals coming up?
What a fun "date" you had with Annie. Those are the times you hope they always remember.

Harmony said...

Whaaaat? I thought for sure you'd cave in--good for you, you insane pregnant woman! I'll never understand the "surprise" element--I got my fill of that just peeing on the stick!

Your photos look fantastic--and these are the OUTTAKES! Insane

Psst, who's this Brenda woman commenting? She seems fishy (wink)

shel said...

I was just telling Chris that I wished you were here to take some Christmas card pictures for us. Yours look great!

I was sad that we weren't with you to give Joe OUR shopping list this year. Darn!

And I love the adorable sock advent!!! (Does it come already made? ;)

Linds said...

I'm sure it was tempting, but good for you with being surprised. It's a great moment when you're waiting for the doctor to announce it!

D'Neill said...

Man oh man your kids are so cute! Yeah for getting a good pic for the Christmas card! We finally had a successful family picture this year. Last year the day before we were going to take family pictures Nate went through a barbed wire fence on a 4 wheeler. So..we had to wait until his face healed, and barely got the pictures (of just the kids, we had no one else to take it) right before Christmas! Gotta love those kids.
Also, Congrats on being strong and not finding out boy/girl. You are better than me! What a fun surprise it will be, though!

Ariella said...

Love the pics so cute! I could never wait to find out the sex. You are a brave woman...or just crazy!
I LOVE the advent calendar. Is it too late to get started?! I wish you were here to encourage my crafty side.

Maren said...

I love your pictures Emily. You are such a great photographer. Your kids look adorable. Maybe someday you can teach me some of your photo tricks!!! -M