Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Wow! I don't know if I'll actually get to ten today- I am racing around like crazy trying to get ready for our trip. We leave tomorrow!

2. Drug Rachel and Ben all over town today finishing last minute errands and they were great sports (having been bribed with a donut). We put on snow tires (we have a terrible track record of always traveling during the worse storm of the season), updated our AAA, bought new underwear, and picked up chains for our tires. Our only disaster was a smashed porcelain Christmas sleigh at the tire store. The mechanics took it all in stride.

3. I think I have called Joe 17 times today. Partly to make sure we have everything ready and partly because I am having fun playing with my new phone.

4. That's right, we upgraded (Joe's phone finally just died). We decided to get our new ones before the trip, so we went in the other day. After mocking us for having phones from the dark ages, the ever so helpful sales agent showed us the latest cell phone technology. I'll be honest, it was a little overwhelming. After agonizing for hours, I finally settled on the one that was most similar to my old one. The one exception is that my new phone has a full keyboard. On that keyboard is a space bar. Sonowmytextmessagesdon'tlooklikethis. That's right, I never learned how to do a space on my old phone. I didn't tell the sales agent that.

5. QOTD: Rachel: Oh gross- Annie smell my coat!!
Annie: It smells disgusting!
Rachel: I know, it smells just like dad!

6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the yellow permanent marker Rachel drew around her lips will fade before the wedding.

7. Just in time for our trip- tons of snow!! Here's who was thrilled:

8. And here's who wasn't so thrilled:

9. Another testament to how boring my life is- the main point of interest for far too many in the comments was the mechanic (who will remain nameless) I had a crush on 15 years ago. Sad. :)

10. I will probably not post again until after the holidays, so I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas to all- and to all a good night!

7 comments:

Maren said...

Hope you guys have a great time in California. We'll miss you!

Lucy said...

Have a great trip, and Merry Christmas!

The Galan Family said...

Hope you guys have a great trip. Congrats on the new phone. Wow, a phone with a full keyboard. Pretty high-tech. Your kids and their quotes crack me up. I guess I need to start writing down things my kids say. They usually are too inappropriate to put on the blog. :) Have a great Christmas!

Natalie said...

You are so funny! I too am terrible at texting...guess I'll just stick to the ol' fashioned talking to people on the phone. Be safe! Merry Christmas.

Des said...

Em, I hope you guys have a great time at the wedding and Disney. Most of all, I hope you guys survive the TRIP and don't forget anything really important!:)

I can only imagine the last week or so for you. I hope you were able to get the holidays planned and ready for when you get back. I can't believe Christmas is next week.

Merry Christmas!

{leah} said...

Yeah for new cell phones... {Steve got me a new one last year with all the bells and whistles... I only know how to talk on it}

I'll miss your weekly blogs... Have a merry Christmas!

Jennie said...

Merry Christmas! i hope you are having fun!