
It's my birthday today. Here are the top 10 signs I'm in my 30's:
1. Joe and I rented a movie the other night and it took us 3 nights to get through it. We kept falling asleep and going to bed.
2. Something about the 4 kids, house and minivan gives it away.
3. My inability to sleep through the night without at least one bathroom trip.
4. My interest in pop culture, tho never really that strong has diminished even more. I watch wonder pets (and can sing the entire theme song) I search for recipes online and subscribe to scrapbooking magazines.
5. The most exciting thing that has happened to me in the last week was when a couple of teenagers surprised me on my walk. I didn't hear them because I was singing at the top of my lungs with my ipod. They snuck out and scared the crap out of me.
6. I'm losing my memory. I call someone after looking their number up online and ask them what song that girl (what's her name again?) sang at that one thing a few months ago. (Also to be filed under ways I'm turning into my mother.)
7. A huge treat is going to the grocery store alone.
8. Somebody called me ma'am the other day.
9. I used wake up, shower, fix my hair, put on some make up and change my outfit a few times before I would see Joe. Now when he's on his way home, I try to remember if I've showered that day.
10. I'm shockingly out of the loop on current events. Joe will say, "Did you read about what's going on with North Korea?" and I will say, "That depends, was it on Lucy's blog?"
At least my hairstyle has improved;)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
10 on Tuesday Birthday Edition
Posted by Emily at 6:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Happy Birthday Emily! I was coming over here anyway (thank goodness for Facebook and their reminding me about birthdays!) I hope you had a fantastic day.
As always, your lists are the best! I was complaining to my mom the other day about my upcoming birthday and she said "Just you wait until your KIDS are in their 30's! Then you can talk to me about old!" Ha!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!
Heh. I liked that. I do the same thing when Whig gets home. Did I shower today?
ahhhhh! love that hair! and your top 10 are great, getting older kinda sucks, but you seem to be doing it very well.
Happy Birthday!!! I love reading your blog - so hilarious :) O.k., so I'm so impressed that you posted before 7:00 this morning!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL day and I'll also do my daily reflecting on how old we are getting :)
Happy Birthday Emily!! Hope your day is a great one and that you get spoiled rotten! I love reading your blog and your kids are so way cute!!
Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a great day and that the 30s really are the new 20s. Lie to me if they aren't! Just kidding.
We are so not old. For real. I mean, we have babies. .. I'll just keep saying that to myself over and over. We are not old, we are not old.
I hope your day is fantastic! I love that pic of you. And while we are on the topic, I love LOTS of things about you. funny, good mom, find humor in many things, great photographer, super friend, awesome organist/pianist, and boy can you DANCE!! Hey Mickey you're so fine!! :) That was the best and still need a video of that.
You're so funny. I miss you friend.
Hope your day was amazing, and that your night was even better. :)
Enjoy your birthday "WEEK".
Dear Birthday Girl,
Are you kidding? That photo is the B.E.S.T.! And looks like...wait for it...Ben. (I don't know - I'm tired.) I love the picture of all you girls. Beautiful! Hope it's been a great day. And if all those things mean you are getting older, just call me grandma ;) Happy Birthday!!!
Well well, happy birthday!!! I loved the hair.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that uses other people's blogs as my source for current events.
Oh, and you don't look a day over 29.5 :)
Happy Birthday! Bet you didn't perdict your 30's list when that picture of you was taken. My sister had that exact hairstyle in one of her pictures:) I miss the days when you could take time to look nice before meeting up with the crush. I type that as I am still in my workout clothes from yesterday:( I hope your birthday entailed more than frequent feedings and burping and bouncing...tis the season though.
Maybe you could go back to that hairstyle. Then you wouldn't even need to put on makeup for people to notice the way you look. :)
What a fun list, & the picture of "little Emily" is so cute! I could really see a resemblance to Annie-- maybe partly the stance & long legs, certainly not the hair! I LOVE the photo of all you girls...lovely.
Happy Belated Birthday Emily. Sorry we didn't call. We hope that you had a fun day. I love the picture with all the kids!
Post a Comment