Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes! You guys made my week great!

2. For my birthday, Joe arranged for a relaxing day at the spa with a new haircut, massage, and pedicure. It was sooo great, just what I needed. Summer vacation has hardly been a vacation, and the break was perfect.

3. I have a new addition to my list, the ice cream truck. Initially, it was a charming, whimsical treat. Whenever the children would hear the music, they would run inside with shrieks of glee and I would round up some cash and splurge for the treat. Now, the music fills me with dread. Every day she comes, and now the shrieks are of horror when I must say no. I wish she would just go away. Today, after a more dramatic encounter, I asked her not to stop unless I was out there. She looked at me like I was a jerk. I feel kind of bad, but seriously, it was so much better than what I really wanted to tell her to do.

4. Annabel has grown so much this summer. The other day, I asked the girls to clean up their room and she drew up a checklist for her and Rachel. I loved it!


5. New Card:
6. Why you can't let a 3 year old dress himself:


7. Cutest baby ever:
She rolled over the other day- they're all growing too fast!!

8. QOTD: (As I am making the grocery list) Me: Apples, bananas, bread......what else do we need to get? Annie: Clip on earrings and a bigger slip and slide!

9. Projects I have started and hope to finish soon: baby legwarmers , Hair bows, Drunk love baby quilt, and quilts for Ben's bed.

10. The other day on facebook, a friend posted that she had just butchered 7 chickens. I am not making this up.

10 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I feel like a loser Emily. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I read your blog, but was in a non-commenting mood (you know what I mean) and didn't put a comment on anyone's blogs that day, but forgot to go back to yours later and give you my bday wishes and tell you how much I enjoyed reading your last blog!
I'm SO jealous about Joe's gift to you, it's the perfect day--a trip to the spa! I'll bet you felt so rejuvenated!
I LOVE Annabel's drawing! Precious! And Baby Susannah has already changed so much!

Linds said...

Happy belated b-day, sorry I'm so late! I've got to say I love you "10" format. Love Annabel's list, Lana likes to do things like that too. And I just love Ben's pic...how can you not love his look? I just adore it when they do that!!!

{leah} said...

You posts are so great, usually I'm giggling to much to think of anything to reply, and I have to come back. One day I'll be as cool as you and can do so much during the day.

OH, and add to your list, duct tape, hose, and firecrackers... just don't ask. :)

Unknown said...

I love Annie's list items and Ben's outfit choice! Thanks for the link to the legwarmers. I'm going to make some one of these days. $12 a pair for Baby Legs is ridiculous when you can make your own.

Heather said...

Amen to the ice cream truck. Every single day!! Is it really necessary? BTW, I know where the truck lives and Jeff and I have been plotting some mischief. Let me know if you're interested.

Harmony said...

Sounds like a great birthday! A trip to the spa? I would have never come back.

That picture of Susannah is FANTASTIC!! Check you out!

Gma Higbee said...

What a darling photo of sweet Susannah! And Annie's "to do" list makes me smile. Her grandma lives by Her lists! She really IS growing up so fast.

shel said...

Great post...ALWAYS good for a laugh (or several). Does your ice cream truck always come EXACTLY at dinner time? Just wondering - feel your pain on that one.

And Joe, if you read these comments...you are so RAD. Good job!

Des said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. What a fantastic gift to be pampered! Ben dresses just like Natalie just not so frilly...gotta love the age! Ditto on the ice cream truck. It always comes by at naptime..grr. Annie's check list is so cute.

Anonymous said...

We live with the boy dressing himself everyday. Davy went to pre-school one day in red basketball shorts, a red t-shirt (different color red), red soccer socks pulled up to his underwear (different color red), and his snow boots. His teacher took one look at him and said, "Cool outfit Davy! I bet you picked that out yourself!" Thank goodness for people who look at boys and think, "Been there."