Tuesday, August 4, 2009

10 On Tuesday

1. Sorry for missing a post last week. My mom was here and Joe and I were too busy partying hard.....Well as hard as one can party with an infant that loves her mom sooo much she screams every time she gets set down or put in her car seat. Still, we did manage to do dinner out, a night at the movies, and a day trip. Thanks so much mom for the fun visit!

2. While mom was here, we sewed on Ben's quilts, canned raspberry jam, and took the kids to the zoo (I'm starting to sound like a slave driver!).

3. Lately, the children have been into catching frogs at our pond. There are tons to be caught and Mom helped them create a small eco system to contain them in here. We have a strict 24 hour maximum containment policy here, so every few hours, we release our frogs and catch some new ones. It never gets old.



4. Had a terrifying moment the other day. Ben and Rachel were playing out in the garage and Ben had a fall and cut his chin. He came in crying and there was sooo much blood! I did not handle it well. I called Joe in a panic and it took a few minutes to calm down and assess the situation. Poor Ben ended up getting six stitches. What a tough little guy!

5. I like, totally love my husband so much because he is just like well he is just the greatest guy ever! I am so totally lucky for sure that he is my man. I just really hope I can like prove to him my devotion. Tonight. That would just be the greatest thing ever to me!

6. Today's #5 has been brought to you by Joe. (I'm sure he thought I would delete it).

7. Annabel is spending the week at cousin camp with her Chaffin cousins. She calls us every night to tell us about the adventures she had that day. Coming home is sure to be a huge downer.

8. If I had a church wedding, I would for sure do this:



9. QOTD: Rachel: Mom, Ben just peed on the sidewalk!!

10. 4 Months: She loves to laugh and smile. I can always get a grin by pretending to be a cheerleader or singing the Miss America song. That, along with her tendency to make herself vomit by shoving her fingers down her throat has Joe more than a little concerned for her future.

Have a great week!

9 comments:

The Galan Family said...

Ha Ha! I was so confused by # 5. I read it twice to make sure I was reading it right:) It just didn't sound like you. That sneaky Joe. Your photos of the kids are beautiful. Um...can my kids go to cousins camp next year? What a fun idea, as long as it's not at my house. Glad you guys are having a fun summer.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I thought #5 didn't sound like your writing! How funny!
I don't deal with blood at all, I would've reacted the same to Ben. Poor kid!
That is the cutest photo of your precious baby!
And you are so lucky to live near frogs, I think they're awesome! And it's neat that they provide hours of entertainment for you kids-for free!
Your mom is so great for coming and staying with you, sounds like you got a lot done, you lucky girl!

Monique said...

I was the same way with #5... I was like, huh? Is she okay? And I read #6 and then I was like, she's aaaaaaaaall good. :)

That wedding dance seriously made me tear up. ME! For real that was sweet. But her dance was really disappointing. You would have knocked their socks off.

D'Neill said...

cutest baby EVER! all of your kids are so adorable~

Des said...

I am laughing at the comments as I too read and re-read #5. Thinking that so didn't sound like you:) You have been busy! We are coming your way this weekend. Maybe we can cross paths if you guys are not still busy with all the summer bliss. I will try calling you if I can remember with all the packing I have ahead of me. I was just thinking that Bristol would be ready for the bumbo. Sorry to hear about Ben. That is always scary!

Harmony said...

I sound like a broken record: I LOVE your 10 on Tuesdays!

#5 killed me--I read it several times before I moved onto #6! Hilarious!

Your pictures are fantastic (broken record again!) One of my favorite baby pictures ever--love those colors!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I hadn't seen that wedding entrance thing. I would have paid money to be at the reception if that was what the wedding entrance was like.

I laughed out loud at #10... and must admit I'm a little glad I'm having a boy. ;)

Des said...

P.S. I was looking at your blog and Natalie says "Hey, that's Annie and Ben." I then said "yep, and look they are not afraid to hold frogs". So your kids just might have inspired mine to hold FROGS which you know that I hate with a passion. But I don't want them to have the same fear.

Gma Higbee said...

I typed a long comment when I first read this newest blog, but apparently I hit a wrong button when i was finished 'cuz everything disappeared!
Let's just say this blog was well worth waiting for! Adorable photos of adorable kids... Funnest wedding march ever!...& even an entry from Joe (I thought as I read it you were leading up to thanking him for handling Ben's crisis so well.)
By the way, Em, you are a better mom than I was about kids & their creepy, crawly, JUMPING critter friends!