Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Last Tuesday, I ditched Joe and the kids and went to see my mom star in Tartuffe by Molière. She was awesome and it was a great little break from the daily routine. I was home very late and there was no blog post.


2. Joe has been working on a lot of projects over our network lately making it virtually impossible for me to connect. There was one awful day where I had no local channels, no Internet, and no cell phone. How does someone live like that? Luckily, for the moment his projects are finished and my important computer work (i.e. blogging, bejeweled blitz, watching Dancing with the Stars) can finally resume.

3. QOTD: (Joe is helping Annie with her homework) Joe: and then right here, you need to explain your answer. Annie: instead of explaining my answer, could I just decorate it?

4. Susannah is beginning to roll all over the house and thinks she is pretty hot stuff because of it.


5. Friday was our school's Halloween carnival. The kids have been talking about it for weeks. It was the event of the season, and everybody who's anybody (i.e. Braxton and Carly) were going to be there. It was a little crowded and crazy for Joe and I, but totally lived up to the children's expectations.

6. Tiffany was kind enough to invite us to a playgroup at the pumpkin patch. Ben and Rachel both had a great time, but I was a little distracted by Susannah's persistent vomiting.


7. Speaking of vomit, I'm sitting with Susannah in Relief Society the other day and she drops her toy. I lean over to pick it up and she pukes all over this poor woman's jacket that was hanging on the back of her chair. I just wanted to disappear.

8. Had lunch with Jenny Blayden the other day. We go way back. Way back. It was so fun to connect and catch up. I love those kind of friends that no matter how much time has passed, you can just pick up where you left off.

9. My buddy.
10. We just spent the evening carving pumpkins, we are officially set for Halloween! Although, Annabel's mummy costume has both Joe and I a little nervous. Our first try was a bit of a failure. Who new something as simple as a mummy could prove to be so time consuming and difficult?

3 comments:

Jennie said...

i love annie's quote!! something i would totally want to do!!! :)

shel said...

Glad you got to support your mom! And hope you can survive all the vomit...ick.

Happy Halloween!!

Gma Higbee said...

Annie is so original! I love it!! (I don't recall Joe decorating his homework papers. Did she get that creative spark from her mom, by chance?!)
I hope everyone has a fun Halloween. It sounds like your celebration has been a week-long event. I can hardly wait to see costume photos next blog.