Tuesday, November 3, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Happy Halloween! We had a great time at our ward trunk or treat, and walking around the neighborhood with Robert and Summer's girls.

2. The cop
The 50's girl

The mummy
and the dragon
3. I was able to borrow some jars and my mom's apple saucer to can apples this week. Do you think my dad was a little tired of packing and moving jars?


4. Sabrina saved our children's lives the other day by coming over to babysit (looking darling in her brand new high heels). We had a much needed night out with dinner and a movie.

5. Took Ben to buy some new underwear the other day. He was thrilled. He's never had such a selection in skivvies before and has a difficult time deciding which ones to wear. His solution is to just throw them all on. It makes going to the bathroom a little more difficult, but being able to wear Wall-e, Nemo, and Spiderman all at the same time makes it worth it.

6. Susannah:
7. On Sunday, Joe saved all of the store ads with toys in them from the paper. On Monday, the kids found them and immediately began compiling a collage wish list for them, us, all their cousins and everyone else they know. It took hours of cutting and pasting and was quite possibly more fun that Christmas morning will be.


8. QOTD: Annie: what are we having for dinner? Me: Ham and potatoes. Annie: I don't like ham and potatoes! Me: you don't like anything Annie: That's not true! Just the other day I ate a pea... WITH THE SHELL STILL ON IT!!

9. Ben was a trouble maker again today, and finally after he went into Susannah's room and climbed in bed with her waking her up from her nap, I spanked him. I never spank. Now, whenever he sees me coming, he turns around to walk backwards and says, "Sorry mom".

10. Continuing on the Ben/troublemaker theme, the other day, I picked up a little cup of bite sized nutter butters to enjoy after the kids went to bed. I noticed they were missing from the kitchen and asked who had taken them. Ben said, "they're in my room" I figured he'd probably eaten them all and was pleasantly surprised to find the cup still full of cookies. Then I looked closer. The little turd had licked the inside out of every single cookie! So now I don't feel even a little bad about eating all of his Halloween candy. Hope you have a great week!

12 comments:

Lani said...

Thanks for the laughs! Ben reminds me a lot of Andrew- aren't boys great? So entertaining! :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

LOL at your dad, I could so see myself doing that. Loved the "cop", the attitude helped make the outfit. And what a cute roly-poly dragon. Sounds like an adventuresome week. Hope all is going well in Pocatello. My kids wouldn't have even left me the shells of the nutter butters, I have to hide all my snacks! Josh

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I think I laughed ten times during this post! That picture of Ben is THE BEST!!! he's so cute, it almost makes up for his naughtyness!!!
You're lucky to have a relative babysitter around again! I know what you mean about "saving your life" by going out!!
And that box by your dad was hilarious!

shel said...

Oh, man...too funny! I L.O.V.E. the costumes! The attitude from the cop is too much. He looks like a cop about to sing YMCA or something :) And the dragon is adorable!!!!

I honestly love the ideas your kids come up with...my kids once color coded the toy catalog. Pink highlighter for CJ, blue for Carson and green for Austin. But a collage...that is just ambitious! You better start shopping!!

And, by the way, that jar box is just too d*mn funny!

Crystal said...

I absolutley love, love, love your cop. Ben's attitude totally makes it. Next time you get pulled over have him talk you out of the ticket. XD

Des said...

We have loved all the toy ads here in our home too. It is amazing how long the kids can sit and scan through the pages and quote most of the corresponding commercials for varies toys. We have full christmas lists already...although it's really not that early is it? So jealous of your date night. I need to nail a babysitter sometime in the very near future until then t.v. and popcorn are just going to have to work. I love the kids costumes! Bens naughty list makes me realize how much Natalie has seemed to stay under the radar lately. Too funny. I better go find some wood and knock on it.

Gma Higbee said...

What cute Trick-or-treaters! I just want to hug that little dragon. Did Ben learn that cop pose from the time he "ran away" in Rexburg??? Too funny! Looks like you finally mastered the mummy outfit. And Rachel looks like she loves her costume. Fun times, eh? We just wish they could've come knocking on OUR door. Love you all!

Brandon said...

lol!!! Oh for the love of cops. He rocks. And I do I really know what I am getting myself into once Dylan gets a bit older??

Awesome post. WITH THE SHELL ON!! lol

Lucy said...

Emily I so needed the post. It made me feel like we were chatting on the phone. :) Missing you!

Heather said...

That mummy costume was so creative. It looks like too much work for me, but I'm glad you figured it out. I can't believe how big Susannah is. She is a doll!

Jennie said...

so funny...

love the cop outfit!!

the box totally made me laugh!!! ha!

i love new undies too! :)

i think you are right about the newspaper clippings... i bet it took waaay more time and was tons more fun than christmas! why cant i appreciate the everyday stuff as much as christmas?

thanks for sharing your week! :)

Maren said...

Love the costumes. Ben has the traffic cop look down!!! I am SO relieved that annabel isn't a huge fan of many foods too, it sounds like my little picky eaters. Yes...I have 3 of them.