Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten on Tusday

1. While I had the best of intentions of posting last week, we did have some technical difficulties. Unfortunately, they occurred while Rachel was playing on e-pets and her solution was to turn the mouse upside down and spit in it. Which pretty much ruined the mouse. Joe has since replaced it and we are up and running again.

2. Still recovering from an awesome shopping trip with my mom and sisters last weekend. We had a great time, bought some fun stuff and I'm already planning for next year!

3. We are getting everything ready for Annabel's birthday party. It's her first with friends and she is very excited.

4. Jill sent home a Christmas present for Ben and I put it up on the highest shelf in our laundry room. It is agony for Ben. He's pleaded, begged, cried and tried every method he can think of to open it. I've stood my ground. But I don't think I'll be showing him any more gifts before the 24th.

5. I'm still blushing from my awful wardrobe malfunction in Sunday School. Joe is still laughing. I'm too embarrassed to go into detail, but I will tell you it was bad. There were gasps.


6. Funny Guy:
7. Sweet girl:
8. Tried to get a family photo for the Christmas cards. It did not go well. It was freezing and all of the children look as if they are being tortured. I look pregnant. I'm thinking about getting the photo that looks like it was taken from a mile away. You can't really see us, but you kind of get that we're there.

9. Recently, the girl's bedroom door just fell off the hinges, which incidentally makes it incredibly difficult to storm off to your room and slam the door.

10. QOTD: In an effort to keep Susannah quiet during dinner, I let her keep the baby wipe I used to wipe her face. Me: I guess I'll just let her suck on that. Annabel: you can't let her suck on those! THEY HAVE ALCOHOL IN THEM! Then she'll grow up to smoke!

Have a great week!

8 comments:

the Johnstons said...

Can't wait for lunch on THursday! :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I love your blog!!! You're the best!

Beckie said...

I think the alcohol comment is the funniest thing I have heard all day!! It even gave my husband a good chuckle.

Monique said...

Alcohol!!?? What kind of wipes to YOU get? Pass them on over! :) Oh and it can't be as bad as when I was conducting a Baptism at FM and Maleia ran up to me, tripped, grabbed onto my skirt and it fell to the ground and as I bent down to pull it back up as quickly as I could my necklace hits me in my eye. Or it could be worse.... WE NEED THE STORY!!

{leah} said...

Well... if spitting doesn't work what else is there??

Susannah is growing so fast!

shel said...

Can you really leave us hanging like that? The imagination can think of some pretty horrific things!

Love the QOTD!!! I just really like the way that girl thinks. Good luck with the party...YOU might be ready to suck on a few of those wipes when it's over...just going by experience here ;) Have fun!!

Des said...

cute pics, your kids really are growing fast! You sound great!

Gma Higbee said...

Isn't it funny how Annie linked alcohol & smoking? Smart girl!

I feel for your Sunday School embarrassment. I'm betting Sweet Susannah (or one of the others) played a part. Isn't that how it typically happens with moms & kids?

I hope Annie has the party of her dreams!