Tuesday, November 24, 2009

10 on Tuesday - Thanksgiving edition

This week I'm thankful for:

1. A successful birthday party with 10 6 year olds, a pinata, turkeys made out of cookies, and pin the tail on the donkey.

2. A great recipe find for our Thanksgiving dinner. I'm making this on Thursday.

3. A husband who is home all week and quickly making his way through the 3 page list I've compiled for him over the past two months.

4. A spare van key, since I accidentally flushed our original down the toilet last night.

5. Good friends. Look for another friend post coming soon!

6. That Christmas is coming. I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to put up my awesome Christmas playlist. I don't know if I'll make it that long before I put up the tree!

7. My family, even though they are a little crazy, non-committal, and slightly eccentric in food taste.

8. A fun date night with Joe. Bowling. QOTD: Me: That was fun! My best score ever. I don't think I've ever broken a hundred before. Joe: I don't know if scoring 100 even is technically "breaking" a hundred.

9. Good Books.

10. The gospel of Jesus Christ. Go here. What are you thankful for?

8 comments:

Gma Higbee said...

Great list! (I hope in-laws are included in the "family" you're grateful for. We're certainly crazy enough to qualify!)
And in case you were wondering...WE are sure super-thankful for the 6 of you!!!!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

That stuffing looks delicious, but there were too many ingredients on the list so I'd probably never make it. I'd rather taste yours!
I am always so afraid of flushing keys down the toilet. I've heard horror stories about it. I've had my cell phone dropped in there enough times, though! I'm sorry for you--but thank goodness for spare keys!
And 100 in bowling is awesome! I was part of a bowling league team several years ago, and I was so proud after I finally "broke" 100 after weeks of playing!!! I would definitely say that scoring 100 is breaking 100!!!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving! I can't wait to hear your Christmas music!

Monique said...

Darn. I was going to say "you" as well. But then again, I am just grateful that we can stay connected as friends though we are far away. (And your QOTD) :)

Heather said...

Flushed it down the toilet? You'll have to do one more post with the story on that one. Thanks for the great stuffing recipe. It looks fantastic.

Crystal said...

So jealous of your stuffing! Looks delish!

The Higbee Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys this weekend...So glad you decided to come join the party!

Maren said...

oops, that was me (dan)

Maren said...

Just wanted to say that I just saw your halloween outfits, and Ben's costume was THE BEST as far as I'm concerned. I dressed as a cop for several years, but that costume blew me away. Couldn't stop laughing at his expression. Wish they had my size!!