When I was a senior in High School, I went to the Christmas Dance with Jacob Vargas. My sister was home from college for the Holidays and I borrowed her elegant cream skirt and sweater for the occasion.
That evening, we went to dinner and then headed to the dance with friends. I was rocking it all night long. Then I noticed that some people were laughing. I heard Kyle Schnieder say something about the black light.
Did you know that cream is one of those colors that doesn't glow at all in a black light? Unlike white, which glows a bright purple.
So while nobody noticed my dress at the dance, everyone noticed my white bra and half slip glowing through the dress.
It was kind of like that on Sunday. While nobody noticed my new green sweater, everybody noticed that my skirt had slid halfway down my butt as I left the room in the middle of class to feed Susannah.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
It was that bad
Posted by Emily at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That rocks. :) If anyone can take it in stride and roll with it, it's you! heehee. I think the HS experience would have been much worse. love it.
Josh says he remembers very vividly that high school dance!!!
Sorry you had such an embarrassing moment...church seems to always be full of those for some reason. Remember that one time in nursery when the closet door fell off and there was a swear word spoken? good times, good times!
Love your humor and your self-admittance of humiliation. That's one of the reasons I love you so much--you keep it real and light!
Sounds like you gave all the high school boys a good thrill. How kind of you.
The exact skirt scenario has been happening left and right in our ward...it's an epidemic :)
I'm so relieved you decided to unburden yourself & share your S.S. experience. (It was probably therapeutic, besides giving us all a good laugh!)
I remember H.S. years as being the epitome of Embarrassment (some real, some imagined.) Isn't it wonderful to laugh in retrospect? :)
I had a son pull my skirt down while talking to a counselor in the stake presidency. Fortunately he maintained eye contact as I grabbed the waistband before it could pass my hips. I had the same son climb underneath my skirt while talking to another member of the stake presidency. So, I think I'm developing a reputation for flashing the stake presidency. I feel your pain!
I stood up after Sunday School on Sunday.... my skirt had other ideas! It slid down to my ankles.
Post a Comment