1. Crawling out of the endless abyss that has become my life to post this week.
2. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Oh, Emily, stop being dramatic, it can't be that bad!" Seriously, you have no idea!
3. Let's see, where do I start? Maybe with the note I got from school about the girls being late twice this week. Reminding me that I am a terrible mother.
4. Or maybe when I was rocking Susannah and dropped her on her head.
5. Probably the real kicker was when I totally wrecked my In-laws SUV by slamming into a deer driving 75 on the interstate (I'm certain I caused permanent emotional damage to my sweet MIL). How do you apologize for something like that? I just sick every time I think about it.
6. Was unable to provide emotional support to my brother when he needed it for his own personal crisis. Sorry Andrew, I thought of you.
7. Took my frustrations out on Joe by having an emotional outburst and refusing to speak to him for 3 days.
8. Still hoping for some sort of positive spin? Thinking how I can turn this around with only 2 more to go.....Thinking.....
9. Okay, for a laugh: QOTD: (a coworker of Joe's is looking at the picture of the kids I posted last week) "It's like Hitler's Youth!"
10. And this too shall pass......
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Ten on Tuesday: Wednesday Edition
Posted by Emily at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I've had weeks like these, when you've reached the end of your rope and the only choice you have is to hang on---wish we lived closer, because I would totally take you out on a much-needed girls only date to release all of your emotional frustrations!
I'm glad you weren't injured in the car wreck, because I would miss you so! I'm proud of you for blogging through it anyway!
Do you remember our Hogie Yogie runs we used to make in the middle of the dark, cold, endless winters of Rexburg? I think we made quite a few that first semester if I remember right :) You always triumph, no matter what you do!
Emily, I'm so sorry. I hope that you have a better week! :)
Jen
You need to quit apologizing for the "encounter" with the deer! Believe me, I am just grateful you were such a smart, level-headed driver. Thanks to your skill we all avoided injury. Cars can be fixed.
Love ya. xo
P.S. You are a WONDERFUL mother!!
P.P.S. That co-worker guy sure has a strange way of complimenting the "ideal" beauty of your children. He must be jealous. :)
Those weeks are no fun. Boo! But next week will be better. Hopefully. You might want to knock on wood. Any wood. XD I can tell you a joke...would that make you feel better?
I'm sorry you had a bad week! Take comfort in knowing we all have days (or weeks, or months) like this! You're still awesome, hang in there.
Hitler Youth?? What was he thinking? I don't think Joe should show him anymore pictures. Sorry it was a rough week. Hope next week is much, much better.
If you would have just stayed here with us like a good girl you could have avoided the whole mess with the deer! I agree you shouldn't be feeling the need to apologize...I'm pretty sure you had no control over that suicidal animal jumping into your path.
I'm sorry you feel like you're drowning. But it may help you to know that I have it all figured out!! Scientists discovered that the start of last week was the "gloomiest day of the year." So it wasn't just you...you had LOTS of company. ;) Luckily, that is behind us and we can kiss it goodbye...it's all uphill now for the rest of the year :) You convinced yet? Hmmmm...well, you're doing a great job, EM! Love to you!!
Hey Em! Misery loves company! HAHA! I love you, if there is anything I can do let me know.
Did you keep the deer? I can help you butcher it!
Hey, I am always grateful when everything bad happens all at once instead of dragging it out throughout the year. Don't throw something at me! If it makes you feel any better, we watched our dance when we were in the Primary Presidency together and I am still amazed at your killer moves! Hey Emily you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind. Hey Emily!
Hang in there. We missed you.
Sorry to hear about your horrible week. It made me want to cry for you. You are such a great mom though, and it sounds (from these posts) that you did your best given the situations (and crazy deer) that confronted you this week! Hopefully the rest of the year will be much easier. We love you Emily!
Post a Comment