Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Thanks so much for your concern, encouragement, and empathy for my tough week. I'm happy to report I'm doing much better now. On Wednesday, I went ahead and took a personal day. I ignored my house and responsibilities, stayed in my pajamas and read "The Hunger Games" in it's entirety. I managed to feed the kids and was thinking about fixing something for myself when Jenny showed up with a pepsi and a bag of doritos, so I was pretty much set for the day. It was just what I needed and I was back.

2. Joe was a little disappointed that he received no empathy for having to live with me during my tough week. I was kind of mean to him. Not to brag, but I'm pretty awesome at the silent treatment. I used to be much better, but now I forget what I'm mad about much quicker....anyway....we're speaking now, so that's good news too.

3. Introducing: Susie snaggletooth. She finally got her first tooth: a random one just to the right of her middle ones. It's darling.


4. To compensate, we held Annie down and jerked 3 of her teeth out. She literally had shark teeth (a row growing inside a row). We're finally making some room for the new teeth to come in. She was a little traumatized at first, but happy for the cash from the tooth fairy.

5. Last week was parent observation week at the girls dance. It was great fun. The girls were very enthusiastic and happy to show off all they have learned.


6. This little guy was a great sport during dance, but started to get a little crazy for some camera attention toward the end.


7. Last week, Jen came and brought the girls so we could put Matt's quilt together. It was a crazy day of kids and sewing, but super fun.

8. Another layout for my album:


9. QOTD: (on Wednesday evening) me: I think I might hop in the shower and run to the store Joe: You should- It's good to get dressed!

10. I've been reading a ton, so I think I might post some book reviews....I know I've mentioned a second post before and it's never really come to fruition, so I'm not making any promises. Maybe just a random list of what I've been reading. We'll see.

9 comments:

Gma Higbee said...

Such sweet photos! Love the one of Susie-Q. In the layout of your blog it lined up with one from several months ago...fun to see how she's grown. I know Annie & Rachel were excited to perform. (umm...wonder who they inherited that from?)

So glad you're feeling better. I spent a few days in my jammies last week, too. I like Shelley's reasoning for the blahs.(last week comments) Let's blame it on that. :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

oh my, little susanna is growing up so fast!
And I'm jealous that you have daughters who get to take ballet/dance.
Tell Joe I feel for him!!!
And I'm glad that you're back to your non-hormonal self!!!
p.s. i was thinking of visiting you in two weeks on my way to or from utah...

Emily said...

Kala, yes! come visit- that would be so fun;)

Sharron, I didn't even notice how those two photos lined up together until you pointed it out, I can't believe how much she's grown!

Monique said...

That little Susanna is adorable and that picture is GREAT!

To Joe: Hope you feigned well. um... learn sign language. Then you can receive the silent treatment and still communicate maybe. :)

shel said...

Hope Hunger Games was a good one...I checked it out from the library just last week and it is waiting on my nightstand - calling my name.

I also loved all the pictures. And I would love to see the girls dance!!!

Linds said...

Fun times, and I'm glad that you're doing better. Some days, weeks or months are just like that. Wouldn't it be great if we could just hide under the covers and everything be taken care of!? I caught The Office in TBS last night and it was the one with your Office quote!

Jennie said...

i am so glad you are feeling better!

Alleman Family said...

Have you read Catching Fire yet?? Even BETTER! Can't wait for #3. :)

Harmony said...

You have to read Catching Fire now--it was amazing!! I was CRUSHED when after taking two days to read both the books ( and ignoring everyone with a heartbeat) that the next book doesn't come out until AUGUST!!

I'm so bummed you weren't at the girls weekend. You would have had a blast!! There's always next year!!

I'm loving your layouts--can I take the pictures and you scrap them? I was not built to be creative like that.

As always, loving the updates!!!