1. So, just finished Lost. I just don't know, I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing. I don't know if they'll ever be able to wrap it up and have it make any sense whatsoever. What did you think?
2. I was having a little cabin fever this week, so I decided to start a project. I was going to crochet some hats, but then I started looking online at different projects. I came across this beautiful afghan (I bet you had no idea there was a flickr group dedicated to granny squares) and thought I would try it. I thought it was a traditional granny square, and after I got about 15 squares done, I realized it was a different version of the granny square. Since I'd already started with the traditional, I thought I'd try to put something together with those. So I've been crocheting a lot.
3. One night, while I was crocheting, Joe was watching some UFC fights on T.V. I happened to look up just as they did a close up on one of the fighters, who smiled at the camera and waved. I'm not kidding, I smiled and waved back. Really.
4. Susannah is getting more teeth, and we found the perfect teething toy for her. It is one of Ben's plastic dinosaurs. She spends her days trying to gnaw the tail right off. I'll try to get a photo for you.
5. QOTD: Ben: I'm soooo tired.... Me: do you want to lie down and take a rest? Ben: no, I want to eat a cinnamon roll.
6. The other day, Rachel was invited to her friend's birthday party. Then her mom showed up at the front door with a package for Rachel. She said her daughter just wanted to match Rachel at school for her birthday, so she bought them matching outfits. I'm not gonna lie. I was a little horrified that my daughter would be one of the matching outfit girls. Then she asked if Rachel could stay the night after the party was over. I graciously thanked her for the outfit, but said no to the sleepover. Honestly, I was a little queasy about the whole thing. What do you think? Did I overreact? What's your policy on sleepovers? Matching clothes?
7. Last weekend, Melissa, Kevin, and Christi came to visit with the kids. They invited us to come swim at their hotel and then we invited them to dinner. It was so great to catch up, watch the kids play, and just spend time with family. Susannah and Aubrey were born just 6 days apart, so it was fun to see them together. Unfortunately, I was only able to grab a quick snapshot late in the day.
8. Today, I went to Costco armed with coupons and a list to save the most money possible, just when I had thrown the last 15 pound box of detergent into my cart, a sweet woman pulled me aside to inform me that my coupons weren't good until the 4th. GRRR.
9. Joe took us to lunch after we had returned all of our items to their proper locations. As we sat there, Ben yelled at us to catch our attention, Susannah spit all of her food all over the table, and Rachel cried that she had to share a sandwich with Ben. I held Joe's hand, looked him in the eye and told him just how badly I wanted to have another baby. Note to self: work on timing. (That was a no from Joe in case you didn't catch it).
10. I'm currently revising and updating my Love Song playlist, so if you have any requests/suggestions, please post them soon!
11. Joe is a hunk-a-hunk a burning love!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
10 on Tuesday +1
Posted by Emily at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't think you overreacted to the whole birthday party thing. The outfit thing is a little unusual and I would have said no to the sleepover.
We won't be doing sleepovers but pajama parties instead. Pajamas, movie, popcorn, game, whatever. But the party ends and the kids go home. And if it's at other kids homes, they can go but have to come at a certain time. There are just too many situations that I don't want my kids to be in. You never know who might be there (friend, cousin or other relative) and what will go on when parental supervision isn't present. Also this way it won't be an issue when there is definitely a kids home you don't want your child to stay at. I'll just say our family policy is no sleepovers. I know my kids might hate me for it but I know what things happened when I was a kids, and these days it's far worse. Can you tell I've got an opinion about this? :)
Does Ben have another dinosaur that we could use over here. Right now the best thing we have to chew on is the bottom of the pacifier.
Oh and I am with you on the sleepover. I vote no.
okay, that whole matching outfit thing is completely weird. I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing. BIZARRE.
I laughed so suddenly and hard at you waving at the tv that I choked on my gum.
I think they're going to wrap it up on Lost. They've already addressed the smoke monster and I have a theory that the guy that's inhabiting Locke's body can do that with any dead body on the island - Jack's dad, Mr Echo's brother, the french team, etc. Plus, I think Jacob is actually inside Sayid's body now. Anyway. Long story short, I think they're going to wrap it up just fine. Supposedly JJ Abrams has known all along how it was going to end.
I can't believe no one has commented on #11. Has Joe been adding to your list again??? Or was that your Valentine gift?!
Post a Comment