Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday- Wednesday with no photos edition

1. So, we're having some technical difficulties here. Currently, I have no photo software on my computer. I kept waiting to post, thinking I would be up and running soon, but I've decided to just bite the bullet and post (Gasp!) with no photos.

2. Went to the Kohl's for Superbowl Sunday and had the best time! Good food, good company, funny commercials, and a football game too!

3. Joe and I are planning a getaway this weekend. I am SOOOOO excited. I've arranged for both of my sisters to babysit. Laurel gets Ben and Susie, and Jen gets Annie and Rachel, we've looked at restaurants, movies, shopping, temple schedules, and set aside a coupon for a great hotel room.

4. I think Susannah is on to us because the other day, while she was doing her remarkable army crawl around the living room and kitchen, she stumbled upon our hotel coupon.....and ate it.

5. QOTD: (as I am feeding Susannah) Annabel: Gross! How come baby food smells so disgusting? Ben: Because it's made from real babies!

6. Went to the temple, lunch and shopping with friends on Saturday, a great time!

7. On Monday, Mom, Laurel, Jen and I got together to frantically finish Matt's wedding quilt. It was chaos and we were all thrilled to get it done and off the frames!

8. Last night, the school hosted a "Beach Party" book exchange. The girls were thrilled and went all out wearing their Hawaiian mu mus, flip flops, sunglasses, and bringing beach towels to eat on. I was very impressed when they weren't at all thrown off by being the only ones dressed up at the party. Rachel: I guess they just don't know how to dress up for a beach party...

9. As expected, I have not done my book review yet. I will give a quick recommendation: The Help by Kathryn Stockett- great read.

10. My next project: new quilts for Ben's bunk beds. I found the cutest fabric and I can't wait to start sewing. He can't wait either! He's a little sick of my old Strawberry Shortcake blanket.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I am so sad I missed out on all the quilting fun. Hope your getaway is fabulous!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm jealous and uber happy for your upcoming romantic getaway! Have a brilliant time! Can't wait to hear about it!

Monique said...

You don't need pics all the time. You are very good at imagery. I can totally see them at the beach party! lol. We are going away this weekend too!! (I wish it were to the temple too.) Have fun!!

Harmony said...

How are your updates awesome even without pictures? Maybe I just need to get my kids to say funnier things!

I keep waiting for "The Help" to come out in paperback--I'm too cheap!

Lucy said...

I wonder if I can run to a book on my ipod??? I might give it a whirl. I find it impossible to read...