Tuesday, March 9, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. So, Joe is off of oxygen and back to the same routine. Still not positive what caused the clot, but very glad that he is on the mend. Thanks again to family and friends for your kind words, meals, help with the children and so on!

2. Joe has accepted a position back east for his internship this summer. I'm looking forward to being in the D.C. area and catching up with some old friends!

3. Susannah has found her voice, unfortunately, that voice is a shrill shriek that makes Joe's skin crawl and me want to gouge my eyes out. How long does that phase last? Lucky she's so cute....

4. I've been busy working on new quilts for Ben's bed. Summer has been a great help and I'm hoping to finish them before his birthday on the 17th.

5. A conversation with Joe:
Joe: Why are all of our sheets on the floor?
Me: Because I was going to wash them today.
Joe: Oh, and you just didn't get a chance to?
Me: No......but I did score 415,000 in Bejeweled Blitz.

6. Weirdest thing I did this week: check with my ex-boyfriend, Bo (who's a dentist) about getting a good price on a root canal for Joe. I know. Weird. Awkward. And still.... not as weird and awkward as the actual appointment will be.

7. Confession: I've been trying to watch my calorie intake and my weight the past few weeks. Last week, I totally fell off the wagon. Here's a great recipe when you're "on a break" from your diet.

8. QOTD: Papa Tom (giving Annie a hug) What happened to all of your teeth?! Annie: I lost them! Ben: And now she can't eat corn on the cob.

9. Poor Ben had an accident in his bed the other night, by the time I got up to help, he had already stripped the sheets, changed his pajamas (his favorite ones from Gma Sharron), and arranged his blankets in the top bunk.

10. Unfortunately, I didn't get the airplane PJs washed the next day (see #5) and was a little grossed out when he put them on the next night, dry but still dirty.



Hope you have a great week!



8 comments:

Jill said...

Wow doesn't it feel like you are always doing laundry. I feel that every time I turn around and Liesel or Lydia is in a new outfit. I might just start locking their dresser.
Glad that Joe is on the mend. Can't wait to see you.

Des said...

I am so happy to hear that Joe seems to be doing better. I am also a little jealous that you guys get to go back east for a bit. I would love to be able to do that. We need to get together before you guys head back there. Summer is right around the corner.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Emily, Love the new Blog Header. SO cute AND festive!!! Glad Joe is feeling better. I'm in Pocatello tonight and tomorrow, I keep thinking I'll call you to catch up but then I remember I don't have your phone number! I can't believe you'll already be moving away! And I must admit I'm jealous about your Bejeweled Blitz score. Seriously, I've only broken 200K mark once. Embarrassing compared to your score!

Gma Higbee said...

RE #4: I think younger siblings develop loud "voices" as a survival thing. It's not easy to get attention away from all that's going on around them, so they make sounds that are hard to ignore!

I noticed Ben's new quilt has airplanes, too. I'm glad he likes his co-pilot pjs. I need to call you to get suggestions for his upcoming b-day.

Monique said...

Soooo glad for Joe. Crazy!! How fun to be back out east?! And creative, as usual, with your blanket. Love it.

D'Neill said...

I'm so glad Joe is feeling better!!...and so funny about the root canal :)

Lucy said...

Totally missed the post about Joe. Sorry to hear! I hope he's doing ok, and not too far setback from school/work etc! Not to mention him just being ok!!

Josh is coming home around May 1st! Let us know what you need, places to stay, visits, whatever! We actually have room for you guys!! :) We're free to live with, too.


Love ya, Lucy

Anonymous said...

That dip is crazy. That could seriously undo every last bit of the 8 miles I ran today. But now I know what I'm making after the marathons. :) Glad Joe is better and yea for DC!