1. Our day began and will end with Valentines feasts. Heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, and everyone agreed on red meat for dinner with chocolate for dessert.
2. The drama of getting dressed and ready for Valentines Day (one must wear pink or red, do their hair super cute and smell good) made me a little wary of 4 teenage daughters in the future.
3. Susie took her cute owl Valentine shirt off shortly after our trip to the grocery store because the tag itched. She spent the rest of the day topless.
4. PSA - Three things not to buy your Valentine (even if the commercial promises she'll love it)
* Giant Teddy Bears - I can promise that any grown woman can think of at least a thousand things she would rather spend $200.00 on.
* Heart Shaped Jewelry - There's a reason she threw the heart of the ocean in the water and I'm pretty sure it was so no one would ever have to wear it again.
* Leapord Style Hoodie Footie - This is sold out people! I'm pretty sure it's because of a strange fetish thing.
5. QOTD: (A conversation about what to give the kids for Valentines Day with Joe) Me: I was thinking we could just do a card with a little money in it for our trip this weekend. Joe: That's a great idea! Why don't you do one for yourself too.
6. Rachel got a best friends forever necklace from her friend, Arianna, for Valentines Day, which made me feel a little guilty about the eraser shaped like a cupcake we got her.
7. For FHE last night, our theme was love and we took a few moments to say what we loved about each other. Every single time it was Susie's turn she said, "I like playing games with him (or her)" no matter who she had. And then she blushed and said, "or something..."
8. Today, Joe sent me a link to this song. Pretty.
9. While I was making cupcakes with Susie, I thought of a Valentines party I had with some very dear friends when Annie was her age, and my heart just ached I missed them so much.
10. To my Valentine, a definition from "The Lover's Dictionary" by David Levithan
posterity, n.
I try not to think about us growing old together, mostly because I try not to think about growing old at all. Both things - the years passing, the years together - are too enormous to contemplate. But one morning, I gave in. You were asleep, and I imagined you older and older. Your hair graying, your skin folded and creased, your breath catching. And I found myself thinking......When I die, your memories of me will be my greatest accomplishment. Your memories will be my most lasting impression.
Happy Valentines Day!




4 comments:
Your blog ALWAYS brightens my day. So when you ever have a lesson on service, you can always think of how you make people happy with your blog. Happy Valentines Day!!
I have the same problem with Lila and the tags - she does not own one shirt with a tag because it drives her insane. She even found a bear with a tag and made me cut it off.
p.s. I LOVE the last quote!
We're excited to see you guys this weekend. Loved the QOTD!
First of all, red meat scares me!!
Sounds like you all had a really great day. That's a great quote at the end.
Post a Comment