Tuesday, January 24, 2012

10 on Tuesday

Snow day week edition

1. On Monday, the children had the day off school in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. We had friends come to play. It was awesome.

2. On Tuesday it was snowing, so we had a two hour delay and then school.

3. On Wednesday, school and work were cancelled! We celebrated and played in the snow. It was awesome.


4. On Thursday school and work were cancelled again! I'm not gonna lie- I wasn't thrilled. I thrive on my daily routine and this weather was throwing it way off. I took my stress out on Joe.

5. The tension between us was elevated by the fact that I had recently ran the remote control for his brand new apple tv through the wash. Then I hit his car while backing out of the driveway. I took the children and ventured to the library. We shut the place down and prayed on the way home we wouldn't crash on the slick roads. It started to rain, then snow, and......

6. On Friday school and work were cancelled again!!! Joe and I made up. He took the children to Costco to feast on samples and fruit smoothies. I soaked in the silence.

7. On Saturday, the wind was blowing so hard, you could feel in your bones. I didn't want to go outside. We began to worry that the roof would blow right off our house and built a giant blanket fort in the living room just in case. We played games and watched "Fantastic Mr. Fox" (fun!).


8. On Sunday, the children were literally climbing up the walls. We were all glad to go to church.


9. On Monday, school was cancelled for teacher's meetings.

10. QOTD: (Literally 10 minutes ago Joe called me on the phone and said,) Hey, I was just calling to see what the weather's like there....It's starting to snow pretty hard over here.......

1 Comment:

The Higbee Family said...

Love it! What a week for you guys. Hope you can get back to the normal routine soon, for everyone's sake:)