Because of vacation schedules, and the fact that I'd done most of our Christmas shopping in Idaho, we decided to travel to my parents house with five children (F-I-V-E) for Christmas. It was crazy (C-R-A-Z-Y!) and so was I by the time the week was over. I think the fact that I was making several handmade gifts and staying us super late every night to finish them added to the stress, then the packing, the travel, missing giving Kari and Chris their gift by one hour- ONE HOUR! By the time we got to my parents house, I was already exhausted and stressed. We did manage to have a lovely holiday with great company, delicious food and fun with the children. One of the highlights for me was going to church. I loved taking the hour to ponder our Savior's birth and his place in my life. I felt his presence and his love.
So in review:
The highs:
* Christmas Morning with the children
* Delicious food
* Good company
* Fun Games
* Beating my in-laws at Canasta (I think it might be the first time ever!) It was awesome, and I told them I was going to post it on my blog
* The Muppet Movie (so fun!)
The lows:
* The loooonnnggg drive
* Evelyn did not sleep.... like at all
* When I hit Evelyn's head on the window sill while I was pacing the floor in the dark trying to get her to sleep (not intentional, despite what my siblings may think)
* Trying to load all of our stuff into our car
* Exhaustion
In conclusion, we had a great time, but if I ever suggest going somewhere else for Christmas, please take a large club and smack me upside the head with it to knock some sense into me.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Christmas Vacation
Posted by Emily at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment