Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. Today, I cleaned up the sewing mess that has been an eyesore in the living room for an entire month. No one was sad to see it go.

2. While we were on Christmas Vacation, Evelyn learned to crawl, sit up, and clap her hands (we were gone for one week!). Now nothing is safe.


3. QOTD: (While I was at Ace Hardware purchasing a light bulb for Rachel's new crayon maker, the salesperson offered to google it to make sure I was getting the right size) The sales person: WOW! The reviews for this thing are just terrible! You sure you want to keep it?

4. Handy for a houseful of 6 females.

5. Confession: Wondering why you didn't get a Christmas card from us? It's because they are still in my purse, waiting to be addressed and sent. Don't worry, this year I did not spend hours doing hand made cards. I went the Costco route instead. And there's no letter.

6. Yesterday, we had dinner at a friends house. They have 4 boys. While we were there, she made a joke about one of the boys asking Annabel out when they were older and Annie turned seven shades of red.

7. Ben is the "Magnificent Me" in school this week. The role involves being first in line, providing snacks for the class, and being very special. Ben has been praying that he can perform his duties well all weekend.

8. "Hi! My favorite color's pink, what's yours?"


9. Both of the big girls got little craft books for Christmas and immediatly began planning what they would make first. Finally, they decided to go with the felt animals. I promised them we would buy the supplies and work on them this last weekend, and we did get the supplies. Then I got sidetracked by "magnifecent me" preparations and a mountain of kindergarten homework. Joe was everyone's hero when he sat down and helped the girls with their project. I think he's a great crafter:)


10. I've read five books so far this year, but didn't love any of them enough to recommend them. Here's my favorite so far (please note, this is a very tentative recommendation) If I Stay by Gayle Forman.



Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you're back to weekly updates! I have been reading books by Susanna Kearsley and I love them! The two that I have read have been excellent. I just finished "Rose Garden" and I also read "Winter Sea". She doesn't use any bad language and the love scenes are all very clean and short, usually just a kiss or something. She writes historical fiction/time travel type stories. Next I am going to read "Every Secret Thing". I have also been reading books by Sarah Addison Allen and I also love her stories. They've all got bits of magic mixed in, but you can't tell if it is always real or just the author's way of being descriptive in the story. I have read "The Girl Who Chased The Moon" and "Garden Spells". I liked both of them, but I liked the latter just a little bit better. I pretty much switch between these two authors to choose what I am going to read next. I also liked "Elizabeth Street" by Laurie Fabiano. What books did you read? Please tell me all 5 don't match the books I just recommended!

The Higbee Family said...

1. I hope all is going well with Ben's roll this week at kindergarten this week. I bet he's awesome.
2. Kathryn's favorite color is pink too.
3. Joe is a fantastic crafter.