I've never really done the whole "word of the year thing" if you're not familiar, look here.This year, I decided to try it.
The word I have chosen to inspire me this year is....
UNCOMFORTABLE
What?
Yes.
Uncomfortable.
I was inspired by a quote in the darling calendar Joe picked up for me for Christmas. A quote by Jamie Lee Curtis of all people.
Here it is: "Everything you want in the world is just right outside your comfort zone- everysinglethingyoucouldpossiblywant!!!"
I tell you what, that quote got me thinking about what I want, and what I need to do to have it. And I think she's right. Most of what I want is easily obtainable, just a little outside of my comfort zone.
So, one of my resolutions for this year is to keep a record of what I am doing to step outside of my comfort zone and how it is getting me closer to what I want.
I'm thinking of doing a small art journal (in the way of the lovely Emily Falconbridge) to document my journey.
Here's my attempt at page one:
I'm hoping for one page a month. I'm also thinking of doing Emily's 2012 journal challenge.
So that's it, one of my 2012 resolutions and my word of the year. What's your word?

2 comments:
You are an inspiration! I will have to think of a word, but I would really like it to be organization. Boring, huh? But we have a smallish place and I really need it to be organized. And even with my life. Organized. Leave my preschool worries in preschool. Leave my church worries in church. I don't know. Sounds lame. I'll get back to you... any suggestions?
I love the idea! I've seen it on a couple of friends' blogs, what a great idea. Love your reasoning behind it!
Post a Comment