Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Rough week for Ben this week. We took him to the Dr. on Monday and found out he had an outer ear infection. Then he was stung by a wasp in the front yard on Saturday. Luckily, he's a tough little guy.


2. Yesterday was my birthday. I'm not going to mention how old I am. For my present, Jennifer took the kids Sunday night and watched them all day so I could have a day to myself. Can I just say- Best. Present. Ever. I can't remember when I've had a day alone. It was so great to shop, scrapbook, listen to music and be alone. Thanks again, Jen.

3. On Saturday, we took the kids to the Farmers Market downtown. They loved it. We bought some cherries, looked at all the pretty handmade jewelry, and admired the little bunnies they were giving away for free. Somehow we managed to distract the kids before they got too enamored with the animals.

4. Now, you know I would rather walk on my lips than criticize someone (can anyone name that movie?), but the United States Post Office is rating dangerously close to the Logan Taco Bell. I've patiently waited in their obnoxious lines while only one of the five people there actually help customers. I've bought rolls of one and two cent stamps through their constant rate hikes. I didn't say anything when they charged me an extra 17 cents per card for the tiny brad I put in my Christmas Cards. But now...... I'm at my wits end. They smashed my mailbox, sent someone to apologize, and promised to replace it. The other day, they showed up with my "new" mailbox. The guy picked up some of the bigger pieces of my old mailbox, left the jagged broken post in the ground, and then proceeded to leave me a used mailbox (that is broken) with my name taped over the old one. They did not put it in the ground, it's conveniently cemented in a 5 gallon bucket. Oh how I wish I were making this up.

5. If you have some time, take a few minutes to enjoy this Pulitzer Prize winning article Then you need to read this (that's where it really gets crazy).

6. Somebody really wants a puppy


7. QOTD: Me: What do you want for lunch Bud?
Ben: Donut Holes.

8. I just finished reading "The Memory Keepers Daughter" I think it's summed up best by this quote from "The Office".........."Secrets Secrets are no fun. Secrets Secrets hurt someone." Seriously, it's a good read:)
9. After two intense rounds of the Farming Game, Joe and I can feel confident in our pursuit of a different Career Path. Needless to say, Jen and Jason creamed us good.

10. Finally, one of my creations from yesterday- Isn't in crazy how tiny pink birds make everything more adorable?



9 comments:

{leah} said...

Oh, what would life be with out doughnut holes?

And I'll hate the post office with you too. I don't have anything aginst them (currently) but it's always better when someone is on your side...

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Sounds like you've had a rough week. I've had one myself. Sometimes I really miss you! Anyhoo...
Happy, Happy Birthday Emily dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish then it would be, a brand new pretty mailbox to you from that mail-lady!!

shel said...

You need to publish this card...it's so sweet!

Happy Birthday...sounds like it was STELLAR! Lucky girl!

Love your posts...so much fun info!

Lucy said...

You know we bought a foreclosure, and well the lady totally swiped the mailbox, too!! I thought she had sold it at a yard sale, but maybe it was the Post Office!! :) I have in my birthday Calendar - Emily - July. That's it. Sorry I missed - but I've got it now gorgeous. and by the way, THIRTY PLUS IS FREAKING AWESOME>>> I just know this is YOUR YEAR!! Wink Wink!!

The Galan Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Em. It was so good to talk to you today. Hope I didn't talk your ear off. I started reading that article, but my kids didn't allow me to finish. It was really good. I'll finish it tonight. You always have such great reads.

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

EM...I am sooooo jealous about your birthday present. I know what I am going to ask for this year...hehehe. btw thanks for all of your support and positive thinking. I am amazed at the support system I have all over the US and even global:) hope you had a great birthday!

Harmony said...

Happy, happy birthday! That card you made is awesome--I'm in love with little birds like that! Loving it!

Jennie said...

ooohhh... i would like some doughnut holes for lunch too... do you still have some? :)

stupid post office!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! i am all about the birthday... so much that i think you could ask any of the young women and they will tell you when it is! love it! love it! love it!

anyway... thanks!

D'Neill said...

your kids are SOOOO cute, beautiful girls, cute little guy. Ben totally looks like Andrew and your dad! Great looking kid :-)