Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ten on Tuesday

1. Mailbox update: You will be relieved to hear that the horrible mailbox they left was just a temporary replacement. Since then, a wonderful man came and replaced it with a new one and all is well with the universe once more.


2. Did you know that the Pioneer Woman has free photoshop actions? I love them because the file doesn't flatten until you've made the adjustments for your photo- so great. Unfortunately they don't work in photoshop elements (you have to have the full version) but she is working on developing a set for elements.

3. Here is a picture using some of the actions (don't you love how Rachel is holding Annie's arm?)


4. A conversation between me and Annie while I comb her hair.
A: Did you ever want to grow your hair long like Rapunzel when you were a little girl?
M: When I was a little girl, my dad paid me $20 to cut my hair short
A: I want to do that
M: I thought you wanted it long like Rapunzel's
A: Well, let me go ask Ben if he wants to climb up my hair, and if he doesn't, I'll take the $20.

5. Illustration provided by AnnabelDon't you just love Ben's hat?

6. I took the kids to Jen's today and she took the big ones to the dollar movie while I stayed with the little ones. We'll have to do that again- everyone had a great time.

7. Confession: I am a "Twilight" nerd. My friend Katie loaned me the first book and I could not put it down. I would go to bed with Joe, and after he fell asleep, I would sneak out into the living room so I could read a teenage vampire love story. I seriously read the first three books in a week. My devotion to sweet Bella began to fade in the third book (What can I say, I liked Jacob better than Edward), but I'm still excited about this. Don't worry, I'm not going to camp at the bookstore or anything, I'll just be reading it- oh and I'm going to go to this too!

8. It's that time of year again and I love it!! School supplies-YAY!! Just so you know- washable markers for $.88 at Shopko and crayons for $.22 at Walmart- RUN:)

9. Tee Hee

10. Finally, a Layout:
Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets excited about school supplies. I stock up for the entire year in July and August. And I love your quotes of the day. It's great that Annabelle's prince is her little brother. How long can that last?

Lucy said...

Ditto on the school supplies, SO CHEAP!!!!!

The Galan Family said...

Love pioneer woman too. I have made three of her recipes this week!! But I am totally intimidated by the all that photo shop stuff. That photo of your girls is so beautiful. I think we had the conversation about Twilight in Utah. Can't stand Bella. She doesn't deserve either guy, but I will still watch the movie and finish the series. :)

Jill said...

Love the layout Em...for all you Elements readers there are a couple good actions at www.thepigbear.blogspot.com...sure wish I was there to do the dollar movie outing.

the Johnstons said...

The rapunzel story had me laughing out loud! :) CUTE Kids. :)

Monique said...

I too think Pioneer Woman rocks. Awesome LO!! School supplies are so much fun and we just stocked up for Hungary despite not having a list yet. grrr. :)

Marianne said...

I am a Twilight nerd too. I read the three books in foun days. After I read the first one, I was on the phone to Ariella to arrange a 'pickup' for the other two. I felt like she was my dealer! Anyway, I admit I felt a little foolish trying to explain to Mel why I couldn't go to bed because I had to read about teenage vampires. I still can't wait to read the next one.

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

thanks for the school supplies tidbit. Office max has the 1 cent sale last week on eraser, folders, pencils, and protractors(mackenzie is older now:)) I am glad you got a new mail box that will be permanent. take care, Jess