Tuesday, July 8, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. We have had an insane few weeks with a wedding and family reunions- so I will try to fill you in on everything.


2. Joe's sister, Kari was married a couple of weeks ago . It was a Beautiful wedding and the girls loved being flower girls. They had their hair done and Annabel knew just how she wanted it- with lots of curls and a flower.

3. We had spent most of the morning decorating, doing hair, and getting dressed. As soon as the girls were ready. I went up on the hill to take a picture. The first thing the girls asked? "Can we roll down this hill?"


4. The wedding was beautiful and we are so happy for Kari and Chris.


5. As soon as the wedding was over, we headed home to do laundry and pack up for the Chaffin Family Reunion in Heber.


6. The girls were so excited to stay in a Cabin, see their cousins and be spoiled by aunts and uncles and Grandma and Grandpa.

7. We had a great time being with family, having our own little 4th of July parade, floating the river, and shopping.

8. I think the funniest moment for me was when my adorable niece, Liesel (on the left) shoved not one, but two beads up her nose and the chaos that ensued.
9. It was a little hard to get back to reality, so last night for dinner (popcorn's a dinner right?) and FHE, we took the kids to see Wall-E. Everyone loved it.

10. Yesterday when the mail carrier was delivering our mail, she ran over our mail box and completely smashed it to pieces. Seriously.

13 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I didn't know the Chaffin's had a family reunion in Heber. Did you guys just start that? Is it only your siblings? I love the bead up the nose story, and what's up with your mailman?? That is just CRAZY!!! Does the mailman carry insurance to replace it or what?

Lucy said...

Welcome Home, love the mailbox. Just be thankful a recent delivery of scrappy goodies wasn't in there!! :D

Harmony said...

Dude, what's with your mailman? Hilarious!

Isn't Wall-E awesome? Although I didn't appreciate the humans in leotards while I was stuffing my face with popcorn--hit too close to home! :-)

Your girls are gorgoeus and so are the pictures!

I'm guessing your little niece doesn't have the bead up her nose in the picture. She doesn't look too happy! I love your Tuesday updates!

Des said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Being busy is great and hard at the same time. Annie was a beautiful flower girl. I had to laugh when you explained the endless pampering and then the girls wanting to roll down the hill. Your kids are just like mine:) I swear I am the meanest mom because if I need or want my kids to look nice for something when I am finished with them I make them sit on the couch with a pile of books. STAY ON THE COUCH!! wish it worked better. Sounds busy....but sounds like a blast.

Monique said...

Oh my sides! The mailbox blind sighted me. 2 beads huh? Up each one? poor thing. Who was the lucky one to get those out? :) Love the update.

Unknown said...

Your girls look gorgeous in their little dresses. I love Annie's flowered hair - nice choice with the curls.

Gma Higbee said...

What sweet photos ...The girls dancing on the hill in silhouette: priceless! They were such perfect little flower girls...just adorable! Please, please email me any other wedding photos you have. And thanks again to you & Joe for all the wedding help. (The ring "nest" you made was a big hit!)

EmilieAn said...

omg I can't believe keri's old enough to be married. She looked beautiful.

Wow your kids are stunning.

The mailbox is the best.

shel said...

Does your mailman drive a tank? Must have been mixing her meds that day. That's so funny. Hope she has to get all the way out of her car and walk it all the way to your door now...you know how they hate that. But it's called "natural consequences"...can you tell I'm reading a new parenting book? (I know there's no questioning why ;)

Love the picture of the girls twirling! And I was happy to see that they managed to get in plenty of hill-rolling time.

Jennie said...

ha! you have the most exciting life ever!

that is so funny about the mailbox! i better watch out... we probally have the same mailman!

welcome back!

Jill said...

Loved the post Em...thanks for all the fun at the reunion. Loved the big family photo as well as the girls in their dresses. It was so fun to be together.

Hansen Family said...

Hey Emily,

Great to hear from you! What a beautiful family you have. I enjoyed catching up on you through your blog. I need to be much more faithful at it. Email me and we can catch up more. afurness_77@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I hope you didn't have any scrap goodies in your mailbox when it got smashed!! Cute photos, cute kids, cute blog!!