1. We had two more tragic wasp stings last week and finally realized the problem- an huge wasp nest under the kids slide in the back yard. Joe has been diligently working to eliminate the problem.
2. Just finished reading "What is the What". Such a powerful book about a Sudanese lost Boy who lived as a refugee in Ethiopia and Kenya before he was relocated to the United States. It is so amazing to see what a Human being is able to conquer and achieve if they just don't give up. It's so sad to think of the atrocities that are happening on this earth right now.
3. Pioneer Parade our ward had a little Pioneer Day Parade where the kids decorate their bikes and ride them around the block. The girls were so excited and loved taping balloons to their bikes and throwing candy to all of the parents watching.

4. A sweet friend from the ward invited me to go to the Opera with her. We went to Aida. I was worried I wouldn't be able to follow the story line, what with it being sung in Italian and all, but I managed just fine. It was very beautiful and tragic.
5. On Friday, Joe had no work or school and we loaded up and headed to Bear Lake. It was the perfect day and the kids loved it. They went out in a big tube, buried Joe in the sand, and played in the mud. I can't believe this is the first time we've been up there.
6. Harmony did a tutorial on photoshop textures on her blog. I've been playing around with them- this is the best one I've come up with so far.
7. Convinced Joe to go with me to "Mamma Mia!" Saturday night. So fun. I wanted to jump out of my chair and start dancing. I'm a long time ABBA fan and Meryl Streep is just fantastic. Granted, I was a little nervous when I saw Pierce Brosnan. I was thinking "he's not really going to bust out with an ABBA song is he?" but he pulled it off. Here is a link to a video of one of my favorite ABBA songs, Chiquetita.
8. Guess who figured out how to climb out of his crib yesterday?
9. QOTD: Annie: "Mom, how come we never go to China?"
10. I've been listening to the soundtrack of "Mamma Mia!" and loving it, so I've decided to add some music to my blog- it is optional:) If you click on the play button to the left, you should be able to listen. Let me know if this isn't working for you!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
10 on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Man, I love Tuesdays!
The lake looks so fun--and soooo muddy!
Your texture photo is AWESOME! Let me know if you want about five hundred thousand texture files--I went a little overboard!
Ooooh I wnat to see Mamma Mia--Pierce is going to have to work really hard to sell it to me!
Bear Lake looks so fun! An opera huh? You are so cultured! I can't wait to see Mamma Mia. It looks right up my alley! Your kiddos are cute as always. Did Ben get a haircut? Love the fresh new haircut look.
How fun! Mud sounds a little leary but you know me. Actually you would be so proud of me. We had a Huge rainfall in Virginia. The kids and I ran out in our Pajamas and played and splashed. It was so warm and fun. I am working on getting that guard down on getting messy:) You have always been so good. My mother-in-law saw Mama Mia in vegas. We have been listening to her soundtrack alot. Of coarse I prefer the original singers being a huge ABBA fan. But the kids and I sing and dance while listening. I think the movie would be fun. Last minute family trips are usually the best!! It is hard to just pick up a FAMILY and go do something but O so worth it most of the time. Looks like a success for you guys. FUN! I too fell victim to a bee sting out on the farm in ID. Flew right up my capri's! I was just grateful it picked me and not Natalie who was right next to me. NOT FUN!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It's so nice to get great feedback like that. I love your 10 on Tuesday posts! What a good idea -everyone knows when to check it! So where are you guys now? Somewhere in Utah obviously. We're in Lehi. We should get together and play if you're close enough. I'd love to see you guys again -and I know Steve would love to see Joe when he (Steve) gets back from training.
So how come you never go to China? Pretty valid question I think.
I think you need to do a post on where you guys are and what you are doing. Are you still in the military? Are you in Utah? I'm so confused.
Looks like you are always going or doing, how fun!(Bear Lake, Opera, parades) Your kids are beautiful! It is fun to keep up.
We've only been to Bear Lake once, just before Eden was born. It was really nice. Looks like everyone had a great time- you got some really cute pictures!
Post a Comment