1. We did some major work on the lawn last week and Joe picked up a load of new sand for the kids sandbox. They were all thrilled and have been busy building castles. They love to make big castles with lots of tiny roads all around it and then they catch all of the roly poly's they can find to make them live there.
2. I picked up "Breaking Dawn" at the book store on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. I know you all think this makes me an incredible loser, but I did not camp at the bookstore unlike some grown women I know. Women who could not bear to share with their teenage daughters, so they bought 2 copies, so I showed some restraint. Anyway, I have a copy if anyone is interested, just post in the comments- first come first serve. And I will happily pop it in the mail for any of you girls far away, or drop it off to anyone close by, or hand it off to anyone who comes pounding at my door just like I did to Katie not too long ago.
3. Mom and Dad- DO NOT LET RAYGAN AND AMELIA READ THIS!!!!! Took the kids to Jen's today to go to a primary activity, while I was there, I accidentally shut their cat's tail in the door of my car. It was so traumatic and another reason I am just not a pet person. Not my best day.
4. Caught an episode of this last night after the kids went to bed- FUNNY!
5. Conversation at dinner:
Annie: I don't like to eat the skins of the little corns, so I just squeeze the insides out into my mouth. Does anyone want to eat the skins?
Ben: MEEE!
6. I've been scrapping some old baby pictures and came across this sweet photo of baby Rachel. Just look at that little dimple.

7. I'm making a mixed tape (okay I'm burning a cd- for some reason that just doesn't sound as fun as "Mixed tape") entitled "Summer Chill" any suggestions of favorites are welcome!
8. Joe finished his summer semester and can focus his talents elsewhere for this month. Most of his attention is going to the lawn, but we're getting a little too and we are glad to have him around for a while!
9. Funny Girl.
10. We had an anger management FHE last night, Rachel was all over it. "If you get angry, then you need to be nice and have good manners, and if you're mean, you need to go to your room and think about how you can be polite!" (said with her adorable lisp).
2. I picked up "Breaking Dawn" at the book store on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. I know you all think this makes me an incredible loser, but I did not camp at the bookstore unlike some grown women I know. Women who could not bear to share with their teenage daughters, so they bought 2 copies, so I showed some restraint. Anyway, I have a copy if anyone is interested, just post in the comments- first come first serve. And I will happily pop it in the mail for any of you girls far away, or drop it off to anyone close by, or hand it off to anyone who comes pounding at my door just like I did to Katie not too long ago.
3. Mom and Dad- DO NOT LET RAYGAN AND AMELIA READ THIS!!!!! Took the kids to Jen's today to go to a primary activity, while I was there, I accidentally shut their cat's tail in the door of my car. It was so traumatic and another reason I am just not a pet person. Not my best day.
4. Caught an episode of this last night after the kids went to bed- FUNNY!
5. Conversation at dinner:
Annie: I don't like to eat the skins of the little corns, so I just squeeze the insides out into my mouth. Does anyone want to eat the skins?
Ben: MEEE!
6. I've been scrapping some old baby pictures and came across this sweet photo of baby Rachel. Just look at that little dimple.

7. I'm making a mixed tape (okay I'm burning a cd- for some reason that just doesn't sound as fun as "Mixed tape") entitled "Summer Chill" any suggestions of favorites are welcome!
8. Joe finished his summer semester and can focus his talents elsewhere for this month. Most of his attention is going to the lawn, but we're getting a little too and we are glad to have him around for a while!
9. Funny Girl.

10. We had an anger management FHE last night, Rachel was all over it. "If you get angry, then you need to be nice and have good manners, and if you're mean, you need to go to your room and think about how you can be polite!" (said with her adorable lisp).
9 comments:
That is so hilarious about "Breaking Dawn". There was a group of women in our ward that went Friday night to get the book at 12:00 Saturday morning. I thought it was a little strange, but whatever. I was invited, but I am one of the last two or three women in the LDS world that has not read the Twilight Series.
By the way, I know I've said this before, but your kids are so cute! :-)
I read the text on your page with baby Rachel and it's SO SWEET!! I'm in the middle of Breaking Dawn, good so far...
That baby picture is ADORABLE!
I love all the quotes from your kids! They are seriously good stuff. I'm STILL laughing at the Rapunzel story. Corn will never be the same again.
SOOO, what was your opinion of Breaking Dawn? Were you disappointed or happy? I still haven't got my fingers on a copy, but Hailey is supposed to be giving me hers after she's done reading it. OH, and you are the most amazing scrapbooker! Do you have a room in your house to do it, or do you still do it socially? I haven't done it in over 2 months, and I'm itching to do it again! SIDE NOTE: my mailbox got vandalized last week by a teenager with a bat, and I totally thought of you and your mailbox deal!
I'm confused, did anyone grab your book?? I'm so game, if not! You know my addy! :)
Lucy, it's yours!
i have breaking dawn but haven't read it yet...
i love your qotd! very cute!
I'm one of those lame moms who camped out at the book store. I was only going to get it for a friend, because I had already ordered it from Amazon, but I couldn't wait. It's a good thing I bought it, too, because my copy didn't come until MONDAY!!! So, I now have two copies floating around the ward at super high speed. :)
QOTD is super cute!
Miss you!
Post a Comment