Wednesday, August 13, 2008

10 on Tuesday........on Wednesday.........Night

This week.....

1. We put Ben back in his crib at least 500 times.

2. We took the kids to the county fair and melted in the 100 degree weather.

3. I quit drinking pepsi last Monday to try and lose 10 pounds.

4. We joined a gym and worked out every day.

5. We nursed Rachel's black eye (she always is the injured one)

6. We came home to a flooded basement and spent hours clearing out the water.

7. Realized we were in way over our heads and called in the professionals.
8. Spent hours on the phone with the insurance who may or may not cover the damage.

9. I fell off the wagon and had a pepsi.

10. Lost 0 pounds.

And I can't imagine spending this week with anyone other than this handsome fellow right here. He was sooo patient and supportive through the whole week. Even when I had a little breakdown and told him I thought the kids had a conspiracy to ruin our lives.

One positive note: The insurance is going to cover it, and will even pay us for our work, and really, there was not too much damage. Still, I'm hoping for a less eventful week this week.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Emily...Seems like a crazy week. We hope this one goes better as well.

Maren said...

I love your sense of humor. I can't ever read your blog without chuckling just a little. I am sorry to hear about your flood, but so happy for you that it is covered. Even though it is a pain sometimes, thank goodness for insurance.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Glad you figured out the comment thing, I tried to do it several times. Looks like your week was a trying one, just by the lack of words! Glad you survived it! There's many better weeks to come!

Harmony said...

You are too funny! I always laugh reading your 10 on Tuesdays.

Maybe you'll be my inspiration to stop drinking Mountian Dew (the vodka of Mormons) But then again, maybe not. :-)