Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Running late......

Spent my computer time making changes to the blog- Look for my 10 list tomorrow. In the mean time, here is a tag I am about a month late responding to (and it's not the only one) Kind of a fun one, and I would love seeing what you put, but no pressure!

Then and Now- A tag from D'Neill

20 years ago
1. I was in the 5th grade, Ms Lim's class.

2. That year my best friends were Angela Woodward (who just had a beautiful baby boy btw) and D'Neill Cheney.

3. We called ourselves (are you ready for it?) THE AWESOME THREESOME.


10 years ago

1. I was finishing my internship at the National 4-H Center in Washington DC and applying to stay through the summer.

2. I spent a great deal of time wandering all over the city with hundreds of middle schoolers in tow.

3. I lived in Warren Hall with Maria and hated the fact that no one in that building could refill the Britta pitcher.


5 years ago

1. We were living in San Angelo, Texas. All of our stuff was in storage in California and we rented a tiny furnished apartment. We had Annabel and were thinking about having another baby.

2. Every day, Ariella (who lived just below us) would come up with Josh and Nona and we would hang out and scrapbook.

3. I spent a lot of time at the Library.


3 years ago

1. Joe had just returned from Korea and we had moved the girls (Annie was 2 and Rachel almost 1) across the country to Maryland.

2. Joe had been home almost a month when I found out I was expecting Ben ( a HUGE surprise)

3. I was making plans to start a preschool for Annabel and her friends that next year.


1 year ago

1. I was frantically sewing, baking and making other preperations for Laurel's wedding.

2. We were packing for our trip to Yellowstone with Joe's family.

3. I turned the dreaded 30

So far this year....We have been contemplating what we are going to do in December, we have had another wedding, and had some fun times with both the Higbee and Chaffin families- we can't believe the summer is almost over!

Yesterday: We took the kids swimming for FHE- Annie is like a fish and Ben flirted with all of the girls. He put on quite a show and eventually had a little audience of teenage girls who thought he was adorable.

Today: I spent way to much time making changes to my blog, my nerdiness becomes more apparent every day as I spend my time researching favicons and HTML coding.

In the next year, Annie will start kindergarten (sob) Rachel will start preschool, Ben will be very lonely, Joe will graduate, we will move, in short.......it will be another crazy year!



8 comments:

Harmony said...

Your backgrounds are amazing! Do you do these yourself? I'm loving the blog banner--but a teeny bit sad for that little bird on the last one. Send her to my blog!

Jill said...

Em we love your new header...I need some pointers!

Monique said...

of course you did it by yourself! :) It is adorable. oooo moving. Moving stinks, but it's fun to move on. love ya!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Emily, SO fun to read about your past, present, and future! Absolutely LOVE the new blog look!

Lucy said...

Yeah for the blog, and way fun post... this is one of those posts, that really should include pictures!! :) I'm so trying to picture you as a school girl, with your awesome threesome buddies. I now know that you've been good at being a friend for years. Would it be possible for you to move back to Maryland??? A girl can hope.

Hansen Family said...

Emily, it was great reading about your past, especially because I can relate with it all the way back to Ms. Lim's class. Sounds like you had an eventful week. It's okay if you fall off the wagon now and again and have a pepsi, you'll eventually get back on! Loved reading about your family!

Maren said...

Your new layout is SO cute emily. You are creative and artistic.

D'Neill said...

hmmm...the awesome threesome...good times :-)
thanks for humoring me and doing my tag:-) Loved reading it.
BTW, I've seen the pics, you don't need to lose 10 lbs, you look great.