Tuesday, August 26, 2008

10 on Tuesday

Sorry about last week! I've been offline for a while and Joe just barely got us up and running today. I can't wait to read everyone's blogs and see what you've been up to! Here's the latest on us:

  1. Two weeks ago, we made the trip to Twin Falls to see Joe’s parents and tour the Twin Falls temple. The temple was so lovely and fit in perfectly next to the canyon. It was so fun to be there.
  2. We made one last weekend trip to Rexburg to see Gma Nancy and Papa Tom and then to Pocatello for a get together on the Higbee side. The kids are always thrilled to see their grandparents.
  3. While we were in Rexburg, Mom and I took the girls for a walk and Ben stayed with Joe and Gpa. He was a little bitter about being left behind, and as soon as he saw an opening, he took off. Joe and my Dad looked the whole time we were gone, police were called, and thanks to several angels, our boy was safely found a few blocks away. I don’t think my Dad has recovered yet.
  4. On a more positive note: while we were in Rexburg, my Aunt Summer and Uncle Robert had their 6th baby girl. Tiny little Riley Reva Chaffin was beautiful and perfect and we were so excited to visit her!
  5. Look who is rocking the 2 wheeler! She’s been asking to try for a while and we’ve ignored her. I wish I could take credit, but one day she ran in and said “Gabby (our 7 year old neighbor) is going to teach me how to ride with no training wheels” We laughed. The next day, I went outside and saw that she could ride the bike fine with no help. She is loving it!
  6. Yesterday was Annie’s first day of Kindergarten! I was a little anxious to send my little girl off- it’s such a huge step into the world and away from us. Luckily, she loved everything! She was very ready to go and I’m so excited for the adventures she will have this year.
  7. Unfortunatly, our school starts at 8:00 am and getting all 4 of us ready and out the door by 7:45 was a little tricky, not to mention the walk with a double stroller and an anxious 5 year old. Let my tell you- I was sweating! No cute mom award for me on the first day of school, but we made it. Hopefully we’ll get better and better.
  8. Rachel has also started preschool. She is learning lots of fun new songs and comes home to tell us about “the other Rachel” in her class.
  9. I just finished "Rebecca" by Daphne DeMaurier. Sharron recommended it and can I just say it is deliciously mysterious and I can’t believe I haven’t read it before.
  10. QOTD: Rachel: Mom, I wish I had a hole in my knee to put suckers and other stuff in.

12 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

So much has happened, and so much to say!!! Firstly, I had no idea that Summer was pregnant! Her baby is precious! 2, I am SO happy that Ben was found. What a relief, and how scary too! 3, Annie is getting SUPER big! Riding a bike and starting school, wow! I love the up close photo of her, btw. 4, I am so glad to see you up and going again. I missed not reading your post last week! And lastly, the quote of the day totally cracks me up! Where do they come up with this stuff?!

Harmony said...

Your pictures are gorgeous--Annie looks soooo big in that bike shot!

Your QOTD are the best--your kids are hilarious!

The Galan Family said...

Em, Can't believe Annie is riding a 2 wheeler! Good for her! Abby is still a little scared and relies too much on her training wheels. Maybe if I show her that Annabel did it, it will motivate her. Curious, what size bike is that? It seems bigger. So funny that the neighbor girl taught her. You are so funny, you get the cute mom of the day award every day!! :) Your QOTD is always hilarious. I need to start writing down the funny things my kids say. Great post Em.

The Galan Family said...

Oh and we are still awaiting your response to a certain group email....We need to start planning Cruise Extravaganza 2010! :)

Unknown said...

I love the hole in the knee idea!! Why haven't I thought of that before?

D'Neill said...

Congrats on your Kindergartener! It's always hard that first day, but gets better after that...Summer's baby looks like her other girls, so cute!...How are your parents liking Rexburg? It's sad they are not in Salmon anymore!...It's so fun to read your blog, you are a great writer!

{leah} said...

I guess you can mark that off your list..."Had to call the police to find my child" I"m sure he knew where he was the whole time. I love reading your QOTD's they are so funny!

shel said...

Wow! Congrats to Annie on turning 12...she looks so old on that bike. I love that the neighbor taught her. Guess she was ready.

Mom told me the story about Ben and I was dying. Glad all is well! Maybe your dad better get a check-up for his heart...make sure the ol' ticker is doing ok after all that!

You'll have to give us an update on how the girls are liking school. Hope everyone's enjoying it...including you!

Kellie said...

Your poor Dad I'm sure he was having a heart attack while looking for Ben! Glad to know he was found safe.

Hansen Family said...

Em,Looks like you family has been busy the last couple of weeks. Traveling, lost child (been there, it's scary), new bike rider, and kindergarten all at once, Wow! I feel your pain at 7:45am every morning that when we leave for school as well. Keep blogging, I enjoy keeping up with your family.

Maren said...

Em-Lainie starts K next week. I am a little nervous, of course more for me than for her, and SO glad to hear that it is going well for you. It sounds like an exciting little "vacation" you just had. Kids are great at scaring us, aren't they. -M

Jennie said...

this comment is for your next post... there is not an option for comments...

anyway.. i am so sorry that you had a rough time i sac meeting! i wish i could have helped ya somehow!

i am LOVING solitaire lately too! i am so gonna check out that link! don't worry... i probably won't break your record...

have a good week!