Tuesday, September 2, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. I've fallen behind on keeping up with my blogs this week!

2. You can all thank Ariella- she introduced me to Algerian Patience Solitaire through facebook and I spent an absurd amount of time trying to beat her record- which I did by the way:) My record is 1806 and I triple dog dare you to try and beat it!

3. I spent my evenings this last week watching the democratic national convention. And I will spend this week watching the republican national convention. I have a small obsession with politics. For some time I even thought about going into politics and spent much of Jr. High and High School in student council. I gave it up my senior year when I lost the election for student body president to Brandon Keirnes- the funny guy who had never been in student council, but promised the school free beer-- Isn't that just the way it is? He never paid up btw.

4. Anyway, Loved Michelle Obama, but Hillary's was top notch. Obama was amazing- very charismatic and moving. BOO to Biden, what a yawn! Then the next day......it was like none of it had happened because all of the attention was on the Governer of Alaska, Sarah Palin. I've got to wonder how many times she's been googled since then (I did it myself). I like her! I didn't think I was a big feminist, but having a woman, a mother (who has a son in Iraq) in office seems very appealing to me. Can't wait for more this week!

5. QOTD: (A conversation between me and Joe)
M: When I lived in Pocatello, there was this great resteraunt that had these breadsticks that were quite delish.
Joe: Please don't ever say "delish" again.

6. The girls are giddy to go to the movie theater and see this.

7. I was so excited to see this (even though I know Desiray and I are the only ones who care- it's my blog so I'll post what I want!)

8. I did not take a picture or scrapbook all week- my office is sooo clean! If only I could say the same for the rest of my house!

9. We moved Ben into the big kid bed and it's gone pretty well! Granted, I do lay down with him to make him stay in there.

10. We're sitting in Sacrament meeting and at the last minute, Joe gets asked to help pass the Sacrament. During the prayer, Ben starts whining for water and a napkin and I opened my eyes to find that he had puked all over both of us. Good times.

9 comments:

Monique said...

I was just thinking about how fun of a week you had.. and then #10! Isn't that the best? PLUS you are by yourself. ug. I feel your pain. We are excited to see BH Chi-WOW-wa too. Dylan LOVES dogs! Haley not so much...

Salmon Tolman Family said...

That QOTD between you and Joe is SOOO funny!!! Oh my gosh, you are so hilarious! And that puking incident with Ben happened to me at church, right before Sacrament about 2 months. I ran down to the bathroom, stripped the baby, didn't even try to clean up my clothes, came back, and told Josh we were leaving church NOW. So, he gave in and we did. What were your words...Good times, good times!!!

D'Neill said...

Good old Brandon and the free beer. Good times, good times...anyway, I, too, admit I have googled VP candidate Palin. What a woman!

Jennie said...

ok! so i just completley finished your silly solitaire! (lol) and my score was 1369...

very fun!

{leah} said...

So do you fall asleep when you lay down wiht Ben? What a great excuess for not cleaning the house..."I was making sure that Ben stayed in bed."

Alleman Family said...

Bryson threw up at Ty's work today. One of the partners from the firm walked by to me on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor. So Fun.

Ryan, Angela, Linden, Sarah, Amanda said...

I stalked you on D'Neill's blog and found your address, I hope you don't mind. I enjoyed reading and looking at pictures on your blog. By the way, this is your long lost friend, Angela Woodward Beckstead. I now have a blog and my address is angrybeckstead.blogspot.com - You have a beautiful family.

Angela

Jennie said...

i did it!!!!! i beat your score! (don't worry.. it may never happen again! )pretty sure it was just luck... but i did it!

1826 !!!!!! wow!!!!

anyway... just wanted to tell you!

thanks for showing me this game... i am soooooooooooooo addicted!

Anonymous said...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695246812,00.html?linkTrack=rotator:cvr