1. From Harmony: Listen woman, just because DWTS is on ALL THE TIME now, doesn't mean you get to slack off on blogging.
2. She caught me. I have been a little busy watching Dancing with the Stars this week! I'm so happy it's back. In honor of the occasion, I've decided to post my top five all time favorite dances. I was just going to do 3, but I couldn't narrow it down!!
5. Derek Hough and Shannon Elizabeth Vienesse Waltz. Ahh so beautiful and romantic- check out that spin at 3:05.
4. Julianne Hough and Helio Castroneves- Quickstep. I swear I didn't breath through the whole routine! Check it out as they leap across the floor at 1:29.
3. Mark Ballas and Kristy Yamaguchi- Jive. Watch for the crazy 3 time spin dip at 1:12.
2. Maksim Chemerkovskiy and Mel B- Vienesse Waltz. Wow- just wow. Watch for the walking splits across the entire ballroom at 0:58.
1. Julianne Hough and Apollo Ohno- Samba. Still my very favorite. Check out the amazing scissor split turn at 1:17.
So, if that doesn't get you hooked, I don't know what will!
3. The office is back tonight!! Since I'm in a youtube mood, my favorite opening to the office Enjoy.
4. Qotd: Rachel: Mom, I can't sleep because I had a bad dream. I dreamed that you were singing me this song and you wouldn't stop.
5. Anyone else obsessed with the election? I check everyday for the new polls here. While the articles are somewhat biased to the democrats, the electoral map is updated daily with new polls.
6. Annabel has been making cold calls for her PTA fundraiser. If anyone is in need of some ridiculously overpriced chocolates or wrapping paper, please contact us ASAP. Mom and Dad, I went ahead and put an order in for you:)
7. Ben has taken to helping himself out of the fridge and freezer. I caught him in the corner with a huge bag of cookies from the deep freeze and found a package of hot dogs in his bedroom. What a weirdo.
8. We are busy planning our Disney Dream vacation- any tips from experts would be greatly appreciated.
9. Spent an entire day canning peaches with Jennifer last week- lots of peaches, peach jam, peach pie filling, raspberry peach jam, peach butter. After working all day and filling both of our pantries and freezers, we still had an entire cooler of peaches left. Then a sweet woman called and said she was giving away peaches if we were interested.
10. Saturday, Joe and Jason took all of the kids to play racquetball and Jen and I went shopping. We got the free gift at the clinique counter and found the cutest sweaters at Maurices. Then we took all of the kids for pizza at Sams club and checked out all of the free samples. Fun day!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Ten on Thursday
Posted by Emily at 10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Glad you're back. I've taken a little blogging hiatus myself. Wow, I knew you liked DWTS, but had no idea you had a top five favorite dances. I remember watching some of those amazing dances. There are just too many good shows to watch right now. You must be a dancer at heart Em. Can't wait for the office tonight. When are you guys going to Disney? We are going in Feb.
You've already gotten me hooked on DWTS...so, who was eliminated on Wed.? I missed that show. Who do you like so far?
Have Annie call us. I'm always ready to eat chocolate in support of my grandchildren!
hooo! I was about to wonder... :) Sounds like a great week! I know you are a true dancer. We will always have our claim to fame when we danced to Micky Micky at our ward Talent Show. We brought down the house! :) I think you should post that one... Disney rocks! Which one are you going too?
We totally missed the office tonight and I am so bummed!! But on another note, if you are going to Disney World, I found this website helpful: http://tourguidemike.com/ It's a guy who works as a tour guide at Disney and tells you the best order to do things in to not wait in line and such. I think it was worth the cost. Just my 2 cents!
My advice on Disneyland - go to the disney store in the mall beforehand (do you have one?...if not, get online) and stock-up on little sale goodies. Take them in your suitcase and pull something new out each day. Your kids will never know that they actually came from home and they will be thrilled with them. AND you will save LOTS of $$ over the souvenirs that they sell in the park.
From Rachel's QOTD, it would seem you should stick to dancing over singing, eh?! Too funny! Love that girl!!
We're planning a Disneyland vacation, too - AHHHH. Brian and his wife live down there now, so we're basically letting them plan if for us. We'll just go where ever they tell us to. Good idea? We'll see, I guess, because we have nothing else planned!
Did you see The Office last night? Hilarious.
Em, Loving DWTS! I was a little worried when Mark was in the bottom two. I really like him, Derek and Julianne. It seems really long in the beginning. But still oh so good! The old lady was funny but needs to learn when enough is enough.(annoying) We too were planning a Disney Land trip when Orange got home but we just realized it is around spring break and we will be on crunch time with a new job. SO, later in the year(09probably for us. I have been canning too (learning actually) and it is a nice old fashion feeling of accomplishment. I like to do it. Loved watching your you tubes. You are very computer inclined amoung alot of other things. I am impressed. Julianne and Apollo did a couple of my favorite dances ever! I loved their free style that won it for them. I was on my feet clapping cause it made me so excited. I am in heaven with "Stah at home week" named for all the new shows starting. Too bad "Lost" is no where close to coming back on. Orange is excited that the rumor was Feb. Since he will be nearly home. Me too actually, it's much more fun watching it together.
man! i love your posts!
i am sorry to say that i have never watched dwts! yikes! can we still be friends? i have thought i would like to watch it... just never have!
and, if you still have peaches that you want to get rid of... let me know... i will take some off of your hands!
thanks for posting... i have miss ya!
em, glad someone else is finding time to can/freeze. I am actually glad the harvest season is over and we are set again for another year. you'll have to post the peach butter recipe...sounds yummy. the disney vacation...got me there. not an expert. did ours in cali when it was CHEAP. glad to see you posting again. take care, jess
I'm glad you are back, I was missing you. We are going to Disneyland in March, and here is a tip... we are taking my sister aka: NANNY. That way we can go out when it's time for the boys to sleep....And we are totally getting a seperate room. If it's a dream vacation, you should splerge a little and get that second room.
Yes, I'm going to take credit for this entire post! :-) Ah, wasn't the Office AWESOME?!?! We had an Office premiere party and it got a little insane how much thought went into it!
Maybe you need to do a DWTS shin-dig (did I just write shin-dig? Guess I did!) As always, love your posts (especialy QOTD!)
Post a Comment