Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Question: Anyone else despise housefly season? I don't think there is anything more annoying. Especially when you have 3 kids that each go in and out of the house 15 times a day and all share the inability to properly shut the door behind them.

2. For breastfeeding advocates everywhere. I don't know why, but every time I think of this, I snort out loud laughing so hard.

3. Had my first photo shoot on Saturday. My brother and his fiance's engagement pictures. I was so nervous. Andrew and Tara are sooo in love and they were great sports.

4. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the shoot.

5. QOTD: (I had just caught Ben sneaking out of the kitchen with a huge tub of frosting hidden behind his back) Ben: Don't see me!!!

6. Somehow the universe found out that Joe is juggling 2 jobs, full time school, family, and a calling in the Elders Quorum presidency. Today he received summons for Jury Duty.

7. Was very happy to get this in the mail today.Why? Because there, on page 108, in all it's glory is one of my own creations. My first card publication. I would post a picture, but they've asked me not to until the book has been out for a few months. Very exciting.

8. Clarification: We are going to Disneyland (not Disneyworld) Andrew's fiance is from California, so they will be getting married in Los Angeles in December. We decided to make a week of it and take the kids to Disneyland while we were there.

9. Joe was the hero of the week. Our car wouldn't start and he diagnosed the starter, did some research, found where we bought it in Maryland, had it warrantied, and installed it himself. What started out as a $282 problem, ended with him spending 0 and a car working like new.

10. What's that you say Monique? Some of your friends have recipe blogs? I don't know who you could be referring to....Surely you don't mean me- the slacker who hasn't updated hers since February!!! Here's a favorite fall treat- Banana Bread.

13 comments:

Heather said...

The ice cream thing is extremely disturbing. I think I was more in shock than laughing, although you can't help but think it had to have been a joke. Truly gross! It reminds me of a certain "Friends" episode where they are trying out Carol's breast milk. Nasty!

Harmony said...

Ew on the breast milk ice cream thing. "Chocolate Chip Boobie Dough" was about the most creative thing I could come up with. OH--or "Peanut Butter B-Cup" I'd better stop!

Onto the most important thing for me--THOSE PICTURES ROCK! You did such a great job! I can't say enough--LOVE IT! And you're a published...um, card person? That's so cool!

(Now that you posted on time this week, you just know I'm going to demand it all the time now!) ;-)

Jill said...

Hey Em...love the pictures of Andrew and Tara...it looked like a lot of fun...oh good luck with jury duty...your next.

D'Neill said...

great pics! congrats on the card being published!

Monique said...

Does your sweet rolls call for breast milk or regular milk, because PETA might get after you. :) Speaking of the sweet rolls, I am making them today, so though you have not posted, I still check for good dinner ideas... I made your cinnamon rolls AND your Enchiladas! yummo! Congrats on being published too!!!!! I am going on the internet to order it right now. woohoo! And I was laughing with you at the "boy cards" so long ago... :)

The Galan Family said...

Try housefly season in Georgia! It lasts from May through October. I'm still trying to be positive about this place. YOU are one talented photographer. If we lived closer, I would have you take our family pictures. Can't wait to see your publication. Great job!! Joe sounds just like Perry. I so wish he was here, because our car has been acting funny. Was yours stalling at random times? I need to figure it out. Oh the joys of having a deployed spouse. I will also be mowing the lawn today. :) Glad to see an update.

Lucy said...

Finally, I've been dying holding in that pub news!!!!!!! I am seriously expecting my autographed copy ASAP!! Miss you, Em!!

Oh and Harmony's comments had me rolling on the floor, and unfortunatey I'm prego, so I pee my pants, too. ;)

Des said...

Emily, your first photo shot (which was awesome), your first card publication, your fall candle lit....life is good!! It was hiliarious because I had to dash upstairs to the craft room and turn to pg. 108. LOVE IT! Good job girl:) I had looked at that catalog a few weeks ago. But I never notice the names of the designers. Your a designer!! Sweet.
Um, I thought the housefly thing was just a country thing. It is madness. You can't walk in this kitchen without buzzing things flying in your face or on your head. We count when we get the fly swatter out. So we know how many carcusses to pick up. 54 is my latest number no joke. Then I have to sanitize the counter tops and cabinets. Kids and doors are our problem as well:( So Joe's jury duty stinks, he is just a loved guy unfortunently for you his wife. Natalie is also our sneaker. I finally bought the preggie pops out of desperation. Expensive little suckers. Yeah, I had 2 Natalie snuck the rest. She is on my list! Life seems good for you. I am so glad. Can't wait to see you!

Kylene said...

I've been disgusting my family with links to that article too. I found it hysterical. That's really exciting about your card and picture shoot. I've just started dabbling in card making and I'm pretty sure nothing that I haven't completely ripped off someone else is magazine worthy.

Gma Higbee said...

Another busy week at the Higbee House! Congrats on the card publication & the beautiful photo shoot. (Tara is a lovely girl.) And congrats to Joe on fixing the car. Ben's quote is so classic! I guess sneakiness is another sign he's growing up.(sigh) I just love your blog!

shel said...

I've been waiting FOREVER to see that card...now I just gotta find that book. That's great! And the pictures look fantastic.

Nast-o article...where do you find these things?! That's hilarious!! I must say, I immediately started thinking of good flavor ideas...but I like your other friend's...very clever!

{leah} said...

I HATE flys!!! The pictures looked GREAT!! and I'm glad that my kids aren't the only ones who find the frosting no matter where I hide it or how high I put it.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Hi! I am Shelley's friend and she is here and couldn't resist telling me about the new frozen trend that will soon be sweeping the nation and so I had to check it out! Here is my suggestion for flavor of the month: Chocolate Fudge Nipple. Gross. Sorry. Just too funny! Thanks for letting me comment even though I wasn't invited!