Busy week!
1. Rachel has officially fired me as her wardrobe coordinator. She likes to pick her own clothes and feels I have no taste. She particularly likes cute skirts, the layered look, and a little flower blouse that was a hand me down from Mimi Minnick years ago. I'm trying to go with it and encourage her creativity, but occasionally, Joe looks at me like, "you didn't let her go out in public like that did you?"
2. Big news: my little brother, Andrew got engaged last weekend! We are so happy for him and Tara and can't wait until December!
3. Took the kids to Peach Days in Brigham City and it was a huge hit! They love the parade every year and the rides. The food was delicious as usual and the company was even better.
4. Gma and Gpa Chaffin were at Peach Days too and gave each of the kids $10 to buy a special treat. Rachel bought a little kitten figurine with real hair which looks as creepy as it sounds.
5. We went to Twin Falls to see the Higbee's and go to the baby shower for Jen and baby Kathryn. There was a ton of pink and it was so fun to hang out with everyone for a while.
6. I did so well at avoiding the crazy solitaire game until I got this message from Ariella:Ariella Bell made mincemeat of you in Solitaire - Algerian Patience. She scored 1833 points. Are you going to let her get away with that? Win your record back from Ariella.
Then I was back in the game. Highest score now? 1905 and I am stepping away from the computer. Even if she beats me again.....really.
7. Annabel came home with a scholastic book order and we were so excited! We had a hard time narrowing it down to "Happy Halloween Stinky Face", "Pinkalicious", and "If you take a Mouse to School".
8. QOTD: Annabel: I'M SUPERMAN! So if you need any help with any emergencies or anything, just call me...... the number's 8801.
9. Ben has not felt well all week and I'm hoping he'll get past it soon. He's still pretty tough and hasn't slowed down at all.
10. The fashionista:
Monday, September 15, 2008
10 on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 8:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I am SOOO glad you posted this week! I've been dying for something to read about you all! Sheesh, you got quite a bit done in a week! I also love Peach Days, even though I hate Brigham City (you know, they're Tremonton's high school rivals). Ammon also dresses himself. On the first day of school, he picked his favorite outfit from last year to wear, and I said to him "Aren't you gonna wear any of your new clothes?" He replied "Oh yeah, I forgot". I was shocked. When I was a little girl, I had my outfits all picked out for the first two weeks of school. Choosing his clothes for him is just one more thing to check off the list of "Things that I don't get to do anymore because the kids are growing". It's good and sad, don't you agree?
At least now I know who to call when my Superman goes MIA. I love that everyone else is having the same humorus day with letting their 4-5 year old pick out clothes to wear.
I also love the book orders!! Now that my kids are in chapter books, they are slightly more boring (don't tell them please!!!), but we still love ordering those awesome cheap books :)
I love your sense of humor! I laugh while reading pretty much your entire posting every week. I love book orders! Monique always had them and I wanted to order stuff all the time. That was one of the many things I loved about school!
I was delighted to see the post, I probably check your blog every day. I was getting a little nervous...we laughed at Rachel's desire to dress herself each day. I am all for going to see twilight together...I know Dane isn't too thrilled about it, plus I've already he told him in detail about each book.
It was great fun to spend time with you guys last weekend. I'm just sorry we didn't take photos of the kids attacking their giant lollipops!
Emily, good to read your back this week. Peach days sounds like a lot of fun. I love stuff like that! I feel ya on your clothes situation. Natalie wants to wear everyone's clothes but her own. And then still continues to change them throughout the day. I am constantly at battle with her. My kids have also been sick and I am struggling with all the throw up if you know what I mean?:( And we also got our first book order. I was more excited then the kids I think because I had forgotten all about them. It's been since elementary school for me. And even then I never got to buy anything. I took care of a few Christmas presents with the first order! Good read, thanks.
Yeah, you are back! I love Peach Days! We used to go up to Brigham City for that when I was a kid. I remember throwing up pizza after riding one of the rides. Good times. I so wish you never told me about solitaire, now you've peaked my interest and I may have to crush both of you. Your kids are hilarious as usual.
Listen woman, just because DWTS is on ALL THE TIME now, doesn't mean you get to slack off on blogging. Now when "The Office" comes back on, then you can slack!
(by the way, I totally had to think about what the letters would be for DWTS. I was trying to be cool for you!)
Post a Comment