Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Wednesday? Really?

1. Wow, it must be the holiday or something, but this week is flying by and I've been off in the clouds. I'm coming back to earth to pick up my house, blog, and scrapbook.

2. Can't wait for Lost tonight! I'm needing a nice evening with Joe. We'll snuggle on the couch and wonder what the heck is going on together.

3. We went to Rexburg for Andrew and Tara's reception and had a great time. Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture of the blessed event. It was so fantastic to see some familiar faces and catch up with old friends.

4. I've been working for months with Rachel on her letters and writing her name. Every afternoon, I carefully dot her name for her to trace and practice the abc's with her. Then the other day, she came in and said, "Look! B-E-C-C-A. That spells Becca!" Apparently, all it took for it to click was an afternoon with her four year old cousin. So thanks Becca, for making me look like a terrible teacher.

5. Baby projects. Had a dream about a baby girl, and since it's so much cuter, I did the girl one first.

6. I'm working on a Love song playlist for February. Post your favorite love song in the comments.

7. Right now, Joe is liking this one right now. I happen to like this one. Looking forward to your suggestions.

8. QOTD: Rachel had changed into her pink Hawaiian mu mu and taken her ponytail out. She was sitting and brushing her hair until it glowed. Me: Wow, you look pretty! Rachel: I know.

9. Just cause he's so darn cute!

10. Just read Confessions of a Shopaholic. I have to say I really enjoyed it. Very fun read- I laughed out loud a few times!

13 comments:

The Higbee Family said...

Emily, I now know how to leave comments, so there will be more to come. I love the pictures...Especially Rachels drawing. She is doing a fabulous job. Is the book the same as the movie "confessions of a shopaholic?" If so, I definately want to see the movie (that is if the book was really that good). I also love the baby girl projects. You know that we are praying for a girl. Kathryn needs another girl cousin our age, she told us so!
Love,
Jen

Unknown said...

Cute baby project! I want to read that book now. I was waiting to hear someone else's opinion so thanks for sharing.

Let's see, favorite love songs...
When You Say Nothing At All-Allison Kraus
Forever and For Always-Shania Twain
Selena-Dreaming of You
Womanizer-Britney Spears (just kidding)
It's Gonna Be Love-Mandy Moore (from Walk to Remember Soundtrack)
All I Ask of You-Phantom of the Opera
Save the Last Dance for Me-Michael Buble (or other songs by him)
That's all I can think of for now. Let us know your finalized playlist so we can copy from you. :)

Sarah said...

You may laugh, but Steve and I's "song" is Nobody Does It Better by Radiohead. Yes, I know it's originally a Carly Simon song for a Bond movie. But it still rocks. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHe-iwAI9BE

Another favorite is Combinations by Eisley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9v7tyUhw4&feature=related

Ariella said...

Just finished watching Lost. Still wondering what's going on. We're all with you there. :)
Favorite love songs...anything from the Notting Hill soundtrack.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

You are a funny girl! I totally know what the acronym WTH means!!! I had a great time seeing you at the reception! I wish it could've been longer, and we could've caught up on more.
Anyhoo...There's a reason I only put positive things on my blog. I had a terrible year in many respects, but didn't want everyone to know about it. I wanted at least one part of my life to be positive!!! But, it's all mud in the water now (is that the right phrase?), so maybe sometime in the future when I see you again, I can tell you everything that happened.
Cheers to you my good friend! I'm glad to be in contact with you on a regular basis through blogging! Many good wishes of luck to you this upcoming spring! you have a lot on your plate to deal with, too!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

PS. Good Love Songs:
Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
Because you Loved Me by Celine Dion
Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers
I Love You Always Forver by Donna Lewis
Lay All Your Love On Me from the movie Mamma Mia!!

Monique said...

Oh Emily, you sure know how to crack people up. lol And my playlist has most of these songs on them, so you can piggyback on them if you want. I LOVED the live version of Jason Mraz though and I even sang it over and over yesterday to try and get the lyrics down. :) geek I know. I LOVE IT!!!

Monique said...

oh and YOUR song video wasn't available in my country apparently??? weird. so what is it?

Heather said...

I've added the book to my list. I read another one by her, "Remember Me," and enjoyed it.

Song suggestions:
"I Never Saw Blue Like That Before" by Shawn Colvin
"When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Kraus
"Look at you Girl" by Chris LeDoux
"Grow Old with Me" by Mary Chapin Carpenter
"I Don't Love You Much Do I" by Guy Clark and Emmylou Harris
"Love Walks In" by Van Halen
"You Must Love Me" from Evita
"More Than Words" by Extreme
"Where've You Been" by Kathy Mattea
"When You Love Someone" by Bryan Adams (Hope Floats Soundtrack)

shel said...

Wow...are you guys planning on staying put for a while now?
I thought I would check out Lost once but I was way too lost! I'll have to start from the very beginning "someday"...so probably never ;)

Gma Higbee said...

You're absolutely right..Ben is just "so darn cute"! And so is Rachel! I loved her quote...I can just see her, brushing her golden hair. What a girl!

Des said...

I am gathering my list for you. So you will get two comments from me. Loved your pictures and we missed you tons last weekend.

Des said...

Ok, I am going to forgive you for making me miss my husband more after thinking of all these love songs:)

"If your not the one" by Daniel Bedingfield

"Cruisin" from "Duets" soundtrack. performed my huey Lewis and Gwyneth Paltrow.

"All my life" K-Ci & jo jo

"Making memories of us" Keith Urban

"To make you feel my love" Garth Brooks

"Love the world away" Kenny Rogers

"Bubbly" Colbie Caillat

"Time in a Bottle" Jim Croce

"Lost in your eyes" Debbie Gibson

"Bless the broken road" Rascal Flatts

"Love of a lifetime" Firehouse

"Home to you" John Micheal Montgomery

"Through your eyes" Leann Rimes

Wishing you a warm, cozy, romantic and fun Valentines day!